Can Anyone Respond to Robert's Question?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
At the end of a closed thread, Robert asked the question below. It is too important to die because that thread was closed. It is a question shared by many on this board.

" Please, can someone tell me of a 'true' example of a relationship born in a resort involving a sankie that has grown into a long lasting relationship?"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No,but my wife told me that the first time she went out with me,

that she was only interested in my money! Now that she has it all,I don't know why she keeps coming home at night!We have been married for almost 8 years! Cris(I am kinda "Cute" once you get to know me!!!)

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Of course Ken every relationship is a long lasting loving relationship, until... oh well you know the rest of the stories.

I do find it interesting that many people (or maybe it is because I am on the DR1 board) think that the concept of sanky or vacation romances happening only in the DR making Dominican men horrible is not a very logical concept. The men at the resort sometimes known s sankies work in tourism and where ever you find tourism in the world you will find people who live their life a certain way.

The whole vacation relationship happens all over - did no one see Dirty Dancing.. it can be in Puerto Plata, Vail, Whistler, Panama Beach South Padre, Malaga, wherever there are men and WOMEN who know how to make others feel good about themselves and give them a good time. Those that come for the visit and get cuaght up in a relationship go home withthe sweet memories whereas those that live there stay there even though the plane has left with the person they spent a week with.

I am also tired of hearing the argument that they do it because they are poor, or the women "forgive" the men for their actions because of this, goodness how many of the same women would forgive a man in their own country or of their own culture for the same things like finding out he was oops forgot to tellyu married to someone else or oops has three kids all during the time you were together. Poverty has nothing to do with this, allowing yourself to fall for it well that is your own problem.

And the idea that this is just dumb 20 somethings is not so true either, you should see how many 35-50 year old women get off the planes in Puerto Plata to meet up with their young 20 something men for the week and one week later are leaving the love of their life. I think the advantage most of the 20-somethings have is they clue in, and many times they have less to lose if they decide to move down to Puerto Plata or wherever for a few months to find out if this is true love and realize the truth of what they feel.

Oh well just a fe opinions from yes a woman.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geez aj, you must have been reading my mind last night--right down to the same "dirty dancing" reference.

mob :classic: