For Ken/tom/crisscolon.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Okay, lets see if this helps.

PLEASE REMEMBER, not everybody comes here by way of VIEW NEW POSTS. Hell some people still don't know how to use the SEARCH for the archives!!!!

There were waaay to many sticky's at the top of this forum.
When you 1st open the LIVING FORUM, I think it was something like the 1st 8 post's were sticky's.

Which meant, having to scroll down past the sticky's to see a new post that was NOT a sticky.

With me so far?

So I UNSTUCK, all of the STICKY's, and they went to their place in the regualare order of things.

I created a SINGLE page, and I copied all of the short cut links for the old post's that used to be STICKY.

Now instead of having 8 posts stuck on the start page, and having to scroll down to the 1 new post thats not a sticky, you will see the new post's right at the top of the 1st FORUM page.

Now when you click on the page I created with all of the links broken down into groups, all you have to do is pick 1, click on it, and it will take you to that post.

As I started doing it, I realized I was going to run out of room for a single STICKY POST, page.

So today I created overflow pages, 1 for each group so far.
EX: MEDICAL/MONEY/ADVICE. Pg2
Click that on the 1st page, NOW A STICKY AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM, and you will be taked to the page I added today.

That page will have releated short cut links to those POST's mentioned.
I created these pages as NEW POST"S to this forum.
When I finished, and I opened the LIVING FORUM up, all you saw were the NEW PAGES, I had created today.

Remember, if you reply to a post that has not been seen in over a year-- maybe back on page 15, and you post a reply, it now moves up to PAGE 1 of the forum, SPOT 1.

So I LOCKED the pages I created today, to prevent anybody from posting on them and keep bringing them back to page 1, of the FORUM.

Remember, when you EDIT a post, that has no effect on it's current position among all of the THREADS, ONLY POSTING a REPLY, can move a old post to the FONT of the line.

When I am finished, there will be 1 permenant sticky at the top of the LIVING FORUM, any new STICKY's after a period of time, will be UNSTUCK, with a SHORT-CUT link off of the 1st page.

To TOM, I was explaining why I was
Moving it up

I wanted to bring the latest, POST"S that had been driven to page 2, back to page 1. Remember when you saw all those new POST"S/ overflow pages I created tody? They were now what was filling PAGE 1 of this FORUM.

So by going to the earlier POST"S, and ADDING a REPLY, they LEAP-FROGGED, over all of the OVERFLOW pages I created today.

And if that does not help clear it up, wait till SUNDAY MORNING, I will be done with it all then.

Thanks
Tim H.:cool: :confused: :confused: :devious: :laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Oh,now I get it!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
When you respond to any old post on any forum it always did ,and still does,move into first position on the board! You should have been here when Robert divided DR1 into all the different forums,you would have though he was destroying Dr1 if you listened to all the complaints! The "OLD DR1" did have a "charm" though! Kind of like an out of control Town Meeting.The fights and "Flame Wars" were legendary! Remember Ken?CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
:confused: Ken I have no fricking idea! Criss back in those days I was terrified of you guys. ;)

Just kidding Tim. You're doing a fabulous job.

When I click on message board first thing in the morning, on the right hand of the page where is says welcome back Anna Coniglio, well right under my name it says view new posts. That way I see all new threads and all new posts. I don't go digging through every forum to see what's new. I get it all this way. Then throughout the day I refresh to get the new posts.

Me strange, but that's the way I do it.

If I'm looking for a specific thing then I go into each forum or hit the search button.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Timex said:
To TOM, I was explaining why I was
Moving it up

Bump or BOT which stands for "Back on Top" is proper internet lingo for bringing a buried thread back on top.

BOT can also mean "Back on topic" when someone digresses but when used by itself it means Back on Top.

Now how do I put smiley faces in my posts?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Thanks Clippedwing!!!!!!

Do you have Disable smile in this post checked??
Right under the window you type your post in, there is a OPTIONS box, take a look.

Tim H.