Dominican entrance into Canada

midnightstar

May 12, 2003
Can anyone tell me what the requirements are for a Dominican to visit Canada? Do they require a Visa as needed for the US and if so, is it as difficult to get? Thanks for any info you can give me.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Difficult does not BEGIN to describe it

midnightstar said:
Can anyone tell me what the requirements are for a Dominican to visit Canada? Do they require a Visa as needed for the US and if so, is it as difficult to get? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Your chances are slim and none and slim left town. This guy (if you are a woman) or woman ( if you are a guy - just guessing) has no assets, house, business, cash in the bank, you may as well buy a Lotto 6/49 ticket because the odds are better.

Canada issued 200 visas for DR citizens to visit in 1999. 2002 was a lot more due to the Pope visit but basically they don't grant them.

If they are Catholic and the Pope returns maybe they can sneak in then.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Huh!!!

From ricktoronto Your chances are slim and none and slim left town. This guy (if you are a woman) or woman ( if you are a guy - just guessing) has no assets, house, business, cash in the bank, you may as well buy a Lotto 6/49 ticket because the odds are better.

Although you stated actual facts, about the Visa's.

Who Rained on your Parade!

ricktoronto Catch a flight down for a 3 day weekend, and I'll help you spill a whole bunch of Cervesa. I promise you'll go back with a New Perspective-- at least for a few weeks!:cool:

Tim H.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I AM Coming down on Saturday in fact

of course I don't need a visa but seriously you know as well as I do that unless you are quite well off or well connected in business circles etc., the average DR resident is not getting a visa to visit Canada or the US either and having poor souls line up at the consulate, pay fees (which in DR terms are steep) for a miniscule chance at a visitor visa is a shame.

There is really not much hope is there, totally pragmatically.

We see many many posts with this same question and I recall there has been maybe one successful result.

I don't drink beer though but thanks for the offer. I do come 6 times a year and I have talked to DR people with their stories of trying and failing. So they go to Italy or Switzerland where it appears to be easier and they I think can be "sponsored" by a guarantor.

The big pile of TWOV envelopes each flight to MIA shows they are not getting in the USA either, en route instead to other continents.

I sat with a guy, DR business man quite refined, coming to Canada and in TWOV status in the MIA airport with the AA "guard" waiting with him while we chatted waiting for the YYZ flight. So we in Canada let him in but the USA didn't seem to be willing.

midnightstar

May 12, 2003
Thanks everyone

For your advice. I didn't think there would be an easy way to come to Canada from the DR but thought I would check anyhow. I guess for now I'll be the one making the trips down there to visit my amigo as it sounds like there is no chance he will be coming here.