Lan Chile postponed its plans with Lan Dominicana

El Tigerito

May 4, 2003
Lan Chile doesn't want to operate Lan Dominicana now. Crisis in Dominican Republic is only in its beginning, exchange rate will grow fast in next months and less dominicans will be able to travel aboard. This is the worst time to create a new airline here now, so when 1 USD will be 50 DOP, let's see what will happen.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The source would give the statement more validity, like any news story. Other wise it's just another rumor...

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I think the issue in question is whether what you posted your opinion(which could still be corrected) or an official press conference or statement.

it just seemed that what you wrote came from an article and people just want the source.

if this is your opinion, then that's fine, it just seemed like you read it somewhere.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not that that would stop any of Team Bickerson from ranting

Robert said:
The source would give the statement more validity, like any news story. Other wise it's just another rumor...

More incredibly useful news to those considering traveling to the DR. On the bright side it did not mention Aeromar in any way shape or form.

Lucky we have a seer who knows the future RD$/US$ exhange rate already.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Not today - tell me when it is 50:1 in the future

El Tigerito said:
If you want to buy USD today here you should pay 27 per one, so?

You are the one that predicted it, so when will that be the rate?

If it happens this week, then I will only exchange a little teeny tiny amount of US per day after I arrive tomorrow. So by next week I am getting 5000 RD$ per $100 US - whooppee!

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
ricktoronto, this is not that funny, indeed it will be so one day, and not so long from today. I would like to ask you to take care when you make those sarcastic comments about tiny amounts etc. It looks cheap speaking about these things while you are in Canada.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I am only changing tiny amounts

So each day I get more and more until I get 50:1. After all since we know the future there is no sense in getting 27 today if I can have 50 in 2 days.

Or we could all think possibly this person is just guessing and has no idea or clue what or when things will be.

Sort of like just saying things about Lan Dominicana with no proof.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
ricktoronto, please do not start personal communications with forum users here, you can send them private messages. Remember that everytime the thread is Aeromar, terrible fight starts, so we won't end all subjects with those problems. Everyone is entitlied to have an opinion. The freedom of speech!