re: DR1 party at Hotel Jaragua - May 24th

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
re: DR1 party at Hotel Jaragua - May 24th

Dear Fellow DR1ers,

I will be hosting a "Free Presidente Cerveza party" in Champions Restaurant at the Hotel Renaissance Jaragua on Saturday, May 24th, from 8 p.m. - 10 p.m. for DR1 members. Appetizers will also be provided.

I've made up some CDs featuring great Euro Lounge chill out classics and other groove tunes. CDs will be given out on a high roll of the dice basis. Please come out and enjoy yourself. I promise no "Pin the Tail on the Sankie" parlor games.

Sincerely,
King

Last edited:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Wow!!!!

My wife and I are trying for a get together for MQ, who will be in the capital for Saturday, night for the, get together.:lick: :lick:

Changed by MQ to Saturday!!!!!:lick:

We are there!

Tim & Mechi H.:cool:

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What a Coincidence

I will be in Boca Chica the 17th to the 25th - maybe I can take Timex up on his free Presidente(s) offer though I don't drink beer. I rarely get into the capital though.

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Thanks for the preliminary encouragement on your attendance pledges.

I'm looking forward to meeting all who come out. So, ... PIB, Cleef OwnRules, Jan, Amber, AZB, CColon, Golo, and any other fellow DR1ers that I've forgotten off top of my head, please come. Maybe we can gang up on the DJ to spin our tunes.

Timex, I heard that MQueen was coming in earlier in the week...don't hit the brew too hard before the weekend, ha.

And RickToronto -hey good excuse to come in to the capital for the evening.

Now Tony C needs to fly in from Miami and we will really rock.

If His High Lordship HB shows up, I will have a special shirt for him. If not, I will auction it off to the highest bidder.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Takeing it easy is what life is all about here!!!

Ricktoronto, Whatever you drink, 1st one is on me!!!

What about????
Rob
Delores
Cleef
MommC & PoppaTony
Pib
Crisscolon
Jojocho
Mondongo
Golo
CMS
& many others that live in the capital.

Remember, Sunday, MQ leaves for the North Coast, were DR1 members know how to party!!!!!

So let's see who we can pull together. Or we can just sit back and wait for the pics from the next North Coast, reunion!!

Tim H.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I'm gonna make it easier...

..for everyone...

Let's just have ONE reunion...on Saturday...King had mentioned this before but with the price I got for the airfare I couldn't pass it up...and I have to be there WED.

So, I'll just take a bus on Sat. and meet you all at Champions...and then party all night and take another bus on Sunday morning...

How does that sound?

Tim, thanks for everything...I hope this is easier for everyone to show up this time...

We know Rob said yes already...how about:

Delores
Cleef
Pib
Crisscolon
Jojocho
Mondongo
Golo
CMS
& many others that live in the capital.

See you all there!!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: Takeing it easy is what life is all about here!!!

Timex said:
Ricktoronto, Whatever you drink, 1st one is on me!!!

What about????
Golo.

Tim H.

I am concered Golo may not attend if I am there unless I have a SARS mask.

BTW, WHO said we are SARS free now and we are down to 10 probable cases all hospital workers.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Well, this sounds like a fun time at the expense of a high roller. :)Unfortunately, I will be playing volleyball in Minneapolis of ALL places to be for Memorial Day weekend. My volleyball team made it to nationals. I've never been there so if any fellow DR1 cannucks want to make it an international DR1 night on Saturday in the great place of Minneapolis let me know. Wish I could be playin' on the beaches in the DR instead. Have fun you all! I'll be looking for the pictures.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Welcome to Minneapolis

Hey Theresa, My wife and I live in Mpls. If you are not totally consumed by the vb competition, we'd love to have you stop by. We'll fire up the BBQ and pop a couple cold ones. Bring a couple team mates if you like. We're 5 minutes from downtown. What arena are you playing at? PS-- I don't know if there are any DR1ers in the Mpls area, but ya'll would be invited too. Tom

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hey, you guys...

...stop mixing up the threads!!

Who's coming to the reunion on Saturday night?

Jojocho...who did you respond to?

Keep it straight!!!

THANK YOU!!!;)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Whats the catch?

kingofdice said:
Dear Fellow DR1ers,

I will be hosting a "Free Presidente Cerveza party" in Champions Restaurant at the Hotel Renaissance Jaragua on Saturday, May 24th, from 8 p.m. - 10 p.m. for DR1 members. Appetizers will also be provided.

I've made up some CDs featuring great Euro Lounge chill out classics and other groove tunes. CDs will be given out on a high roll of the dice basis. Please come out and enjoy yourself. I promise no "Pin the Tail on the Sankie" parlor games.

Sincerely,
King

You'd better have deep pockets like a King, I'm very thirsty.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Kingofdice...

...are you keeping track of who's coming?

Make a list so others can see and join in!!!

Thanks...I like BIG parties!!!

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Revision

Regarding Theresa's comments.. I have been a "low roller" since I fell into a crap table at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas and twisted by back. (Gee, that sounds good, jeje).

On advice of counsel, actually "alot of counsel".. I am revising the Free Presidente and appetizers to RD$3000 pesos or 10 p.m. which ever comes first for picking up the tab.

As far as keeping lists, the DR is a time of relaxation for me, not list keeping or worrying about attendance. I am pretty low key...so, if you come, then wonderful.

Just a couple formalities: My bodyguard will do a pat down. Of course, in Amber's case, I may elect to do the pat down myself. (oops..) Also, no requests for merenque. God help me, I had to pay for therapy after my last visit.

Ok, I will lay it out: There will be a pair of dice and a deck of cards. And if MusicQueen is wearing a barrel at the end of the night, then that's the way it goes down. I would suggest that PIB and Jan bring extra clothing too. (Rob please bring a camera to capture embarrassing moments..)

Word of advice to party attendees: Odds are bad drawing to an inside straight. (There I said it.)

K.o.D.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I really WAS going to go!!! REALLY!!!!

But with the new "Guidelines" imposed by "The King of Dice"(3000 pesos,or 10 pm) I don't see the point!Are you part "Indian" King? We may have to call you the "Knave of Dice"!Maybe if I get there before Jan,I might get to have a "Free Beer"before the 3000 peso limit is passed! Cris Colon;)

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Dear Criss:

You do have a point. Tell you what, I will put a restriction on JAN. After 8 beers, she is cut-off. I don't like being an SOB, but somebody has to do it. (Sorry, Jan).

Admittedly, I have been advised that due to the devaluation, 3 mil peso will now buy a loaf of bread. Therefore, I will mull over the limit, but I'm not promising anything. Especially, when I still owe Remington's 12,000 pesos. I'm referring to Remington's motor cycle rental in Juan Dolio, of course.

And I am not Indian. I have a German-English bloodline.

Sincerely,
king

Last edited:

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Yeah, Ric. It's you guys that eat salted peanuts and snacks before coming to parties that scare the hell out of me. How am I supposed to sleep at night now? I'm tossing and turning already.

That's why I'm going to increase my enforcers. They see you on that 10th beer - put it down pal. Amber is going to keep track of the beer guzzling for me. I'm hearing some bad stuff. Like that 28 day program Cleef just got out of. My God, I'm going to be annihilated by power drinkers.

Last edited: