maybe a different story??

laraguapa

May 16, 2003
hello everybody. I?m new in this forum.
i?m a spanish 22years old girl (so i apologize if my english is no good enough) I consider myself to be a quite pretty girl, and i don?t have problems to find a boyfriend in my own country.

i,ve been going to Dr since i was 15 and of course many dominican men tried to flirt with me, but as i think i?m quite an intelligent person, i was able to notice that that is so usual in resorts, so i never had any kind of relationship, further than friendship, with any of them

well, last september i visited punta Cana and i meet a boy who was the boss of the entertaiment staff (i dont know if that?s the correct way of saying that). Ant the begining , i couldn?t stand him, and he seemed to hate me. but suddenly we started a conversation, and during that days i found out that this guy was different, but he seem to see me just like a friend. but finally he told me about his real feelings about me, and so did i.

During the rest of my holiday we had a kind of relationship like the ones i can have in my country. Of course, the fact that we speak the same language was important, because, i can?t understand how some girls can fall in love wtih someone in a resort if they don, t speak the same language, and each one knows only a few words of spanish or english.

So we enjoy ourselves. He lived in an apartment outside the resort, and we spend many time together there.we went to the disco a couple of days, but we spend most of the time talking , and knowing each other, like i do with any other boy i?m interested in.

i never made him any present or gave him money, but he gave me many presents. We were sincere all the time, but we didn?t talk about our love, as the greatest love in our lifes.

Of course he earns more money than me, because i?m a student, and he is planning his future, he has just bought a property to build a house and he has a great car. He is 30 and i?m 22. He is a not dark skin, he seems to be an european guy

we still keep in touch (he does more thing to keep in touch with me than i do)and we tell each other everytihng we do (notice i said everything)

he was going to visit spain last february, but finally we didn?t have days enough for holiday. This september i?m going to see him again.

From my point of view, most girls/boys in this forum had bad experiences with dominicans because they don?t have idea of how boys bahave, because i think is the same chating a dominican, an spoanih or an american boy. There are good boys, and bad boys. And if you are on holiday, please don?t expect to find your ideal couple, the greatest love you ever had, as you don?t expect that form a boy to have meet for a couple of days in your own country.

Finally, think that the problems is not in the dominicans boys or girls,. The problems is in people who go there trying to forget about their lifes, and finding a diffrent love, and doing thing they wo?ldn?t do in their country. If you go to DR try to have fun, and try to see that boys, in general, as holiday loves.

well, i hope you can undestand my english, and i hope to read your opinions

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congratulations. Wish you all the best. Your English is fine.

Thanks for sharing.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
At Lara's request I have reopened her thread. She said that she would like to hear people's opinion on her story and that she has read everything in this forum for the past year. So good luck hun.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thank you for telling us that he doesn't have that "TERRIBLE"

"DARK SKIN"! Right Lara?No one wants to have a "boyfriend" with dark skin!!!!!Here is some news,at 30 years old he is a man,not a boy! If he has a "great car",and an "apartment outside the resort"he didn't pay for them with what he gets paid as "Animation Boss"!They make very little money,from their job that is! You are "One-Of-Many"!Enjoy the relationship,make him wear 2 "condones",but just remember he is also "screwing" lots of fat old ugly women to pay for his car and apartment!Cris Colon:confused: He has a visa for Spain?Very Strange

laraguapa

May 16, 2003
jajaja, you are funny. sorry for "boy" or dark skin", i think my english is not good enough, but i hope you were able to understand me. We i talk about the fact that he was not dark skin, i only want to point out, that we are not very different, and of course i wouldn?t have any problem if he were dark skin. And the same when i talked about his car or his apartment (which is not his, the apartment is rented by the hotel), i was trying to be ironic, as i often read in this forum, post asking about the economic situation of the boy (ups, sorry, man).

If he can have a car, and is planning to build a house, is because he is quite a responsible boy, and hard_worker, and he tries to saves for the future. And otherwise, believe me, i don?t care what he does wtih his body, he is not my husband, he is just a holiday love and what is more important, a great friend.

Criss, i have read many of your posts, and you are always very funny, so i?m glad to answer any further doubt you have.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Lara,

I'm curious as to why you want other people's opinions about your relationship with this guy? Are you seeking validation? What type of opinions are you looking for? Without personally knowing this guy, it's difficult for someone to give an honest opinion.

You know him best and in my opinion you should think with your mind and not your heart, have fun and take any advice you get in this thread with a grain of salt. In the end it really means nothing because you're going to do what you want to do anyway.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Lara, don't like to tell you this. The boss of the animators does not earn much money. Even if by chance he comes from a wealthy family, the reason for the car and the property; the family would not have him working as a boss of the animators, he would be studying for - or already a doctor or lawyer, or at his age be running his own business.

Did he show you property? If he did, it most probably belonged to someone else. He may have an apartment, but it is shared with somebody else. If he has a great car, it was borrowed. He was going to visit Spain, but didn't have enough holiday time. If you are a boss, you can negotiate time.

If you do meet up with him again, be careful, he'll be looking for gifts. Regards, PJT

laraguapa

May 16, 2003
no, of course i?m not seeking for validation, because,i think there is nothing to validate, he is not my boyfriend, he is just an special friend.
with my post i only wanted to share my experience, and to explain my point of view. for my the problem is not in the dominicans, you can have fun, and excepcionally find a real love, as you say, it?s better to use the brain instead of the hearth. I think relationships there are the same as in any other place. Or maybe i?m wrong because i came from a latin country. I mean, if you go no holiday to anywhere in your country, and you know someone, you don?t expect him to be you definitive love, so Why it should be different in Rd?
and Criss Colon, of course i know i?m One of many, or better one of some (i hope you can understand what i?m trying to say), but he also knows he is not tht only boy/men in my live.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I sent you an e-mail

Because I think you have more brains than many who post similar stories here. Go slow. THINK.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly said:
I think you have more brains than many who post similar stories here.

I agree with HB, and apparently others do, too. This is why the responses you are getting are very different from those to the posts of the many starry-eyed women pursuing some animacion guy as though he is the last man on earth.

If I understand your posts correctly, you come to the DR for fun, including some good sex, then you go home and continue with your life untroubled by what your Dominican friend is doing in your absence.

That is exactly what we tell other posters to do, however, they seem to feel that we are old fuddy duddies who wouldn't know true love if it bit us on the ankle.

I wouldn't be surprised that one of the reasons this guy is so interested in you is because you obviously don't care how many other women he is with, how many other women call him or send him money. Must be quite a surprise to meet up with a female who doesn't throw herself at him.

(Can't help buy wonder how many other dr1 posters are wondering if this is the same guy they were sure was in love with them.)

laraguapa

May 16, 2003
hi, ken, thank you for your post

i think you understand what i was trying to say, but there is just one thing wrong. i obviusly care (just a little bit) about how many woman he is with, but i know it?s impossible to ask him to keep alone, and the same if he asks me to do so, because we can?t see each other, and he has a job in which he is all the time knowing new girls, and i?m too young to think in a formal relation. We both now it?s impossible, or i least, that?s the way i think. And of course, i have better plans for my life that expend all my holiday visiting this boy (oh, sorry, criss, i did it again).

For me, the main thing is that he was totally sincere about that (sometimes too sincere, there were things i would prefer to ignore), so i can trust him, and that?s why i?m not worried about other relationsship he may have, because i know he has them, but who cares?he is not my boyfriend. Maybe i wouldn?t trust him if he tells me his keeping alone during my absence. That really sound ridiculus.

As you said, i go to DR to have fun, and i think everybody shoud do the same, not looking for a great love,or trying to forget about their sentimental life in their normal live.

One more thing, ken, this is not just sex, it?s more a friendship. And i think he is interested in me, not because i let him do what he feels like (he would do it anyway), but because i?m not the kind of girl he is used to know (as you have said starry-eyed woman,)

and finally, i?m really grateful with your replies, so thak you everybody, and specially HB

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Seeing as this guy is "saving for the future", next time you go ask to see his bank account. At 30yrs. and single he should have quite a few $$$ saved by now.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that Laraquapa's english seems to be getting better rather quickly?

Anyway.
There is no way that any animation team member can make enough money to buy anything but an old piece of junk car in the DR.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Give this girl a break. She's spanish and have been going to the DR since she was 16, so I'm pretty sure she knows how to handle herself. She doesn't sound like a lot of other people who come here saying they're going to change their life, because they met this animation guy, etc...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's see where this leads by September

TonyC: As a Cuban, you obviously have a "conspiricy complex" hehehe. Perhaps use of the language makes it flow.

I get the feeling that young Lara has been pleasantly surprised by what friend Ken is c;alling "old fuddy-duddies"...at least this girl seems tohave her head on straight.

I'd love to see the posters here try this conversation in Spanish!!.. Kid's sharp IMO...

Hb, off to see the CUP FINAL AT EDDY"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Just wondering

Where is it that you are from? You have made me curious.

I don't have any comments about what is going on between you and this fellow because it seems you have a way better handle on it than I do, seem fairly open to the experience and aren't expecting what you won't get. Hope you get whatever you are looking for.

Scott

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Let's see where this leads by September

For Billy from the Hills

Just making an observation

Hillbilly said:

Hb, off to see the CUP FINAL AT EDDY"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cup Finals? The America's Cup was run a few months ago. Get with the program!

Tony C.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm guessing the Stanley cup ?

Lara, I must say that I also noticed your English improve with only a few posts. Any special reason for that?

Wanted to add: Lara the guys have been very kind so far which is nice for a change.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You should have left the thread closed!

What is the "point" to all this?Spanish girl comes to the DR,screws "Animation Boy"! Is this a "Different"story? Same Shit,Different Day"!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

laraguapa

May 16, 2003
hi everybody again

thanks to all of you for your new posts. So some of you don?t believe in spanish?well, you made me fell proud of my english. Maybe mi english in my fist post was worse becuse i d?n?t speak in english very often, and because it?s dififcult to tell a story in a different language. Its easier for me to answer to your replies. And for those who still have doubts about my nacionality, you can email me and notice that i seem more intelligent when i can explain in spanish.

Criss, why are you so angry all the time. The topic of the thread is "maybe a different story?" and i can see your answer is no, buts it?s ok. maybe it isnt a different story, but i think at least it shows a different point of view, different to the usual point of view of the girls that have a "similar story".

anna i know everybody has been very kind, i am happy for that reason, except for the girls who email me asking the real name of the boy. And girls, remember i said punta cana, and no puerto plata or any other place in DR. and anyway, i wont answer that emails, sorry, but it was not my pourpouse to help girls to discover unfaithful boyfriends (i don?t know if that.s the word, i mean, if your boyfriends are with others)

jazzcom . What do you want to know?where i exactly come form in Spain?

thank again HB, but there are two things i don?t unsderstand:
-"old fuddy-duddies. What?s that?
-I'd love to see the posters here try this conversation in Spanish!!.. Kid's sharp IMO...

i learned to speak english in Uk so maybe i don?t understand some american expresssions.

well, just thank you evrybody again