POP Airport on a Sunday

kieron

Apr 18, 2003
Hi,
My name is Kieron, I'm flying into POP on Sunday 25th May @ 13.45 on AMM030 it seems that a lot of Canadians come in that day is it true? Do all the charters arrive on sunday and is this a busy time of day
Any info much appreciated
Regards
Kieron

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Charters from Toronto land at POP around 11:30am. I don't think the airport will be too busy when you arrive.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Even at Santo Domingo (SDQ)

When a full AA MIA-SQ Airbus A300 lands with 250 people they are all through immigration in 10 - 15 minutes or so anyway and customs doesn't really exist for the most part for tourists. Not like Havana with it's microscope per passenger. Worry not. And you can safely mingle with us Canadians if a few stragglers remain, it's all safe.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Sunday Arrivals POP

Don't worry about it! Providing you're on time (?) your flight is easy. People normally come through in less than 45 minutes!
The biggest problem is the hordes of lily white Brits who come outside first for a swift fag, (cigarette for you other nationalities), then to yell at each other that's it's hot, wander back into customs against the outgoing tide to help the wife with the baggage thereby blocking the exit and finally to re-exit again and crowd around their tour operators as they shuffle off to the buses!
We have a really good time people watching whilst we wait for our visitors - great fun!!

El Tigerito

May 4, 2003
45 minutes??????????????? Well, every time I arrive to POP the time between arrival to the gate and car outside never exceed 15-20 minutes, so why 45?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Smuggling Stuff

El Tigerito said:
45 minutes??????????????? Well, every time I arrive to POP the time between arrival to the gate and car outside never exceed 15-20 minutes, so why 45?

makes one walk slow, particularly if it is a live animal in your pants. (or are you glad to see me?)

It does seem like a long time since I've been at SDQ with one agent and a whole plane and it wasn't that long - however including waiting for luggage and such maybe it could be that long.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I live in Cabarete, so I use POP airport, it is very fast on arrival, maximum time for all procedures on arrival is no more than 30 minutes. Of course if you've got lost luggage or any problems with immigration you can spend hours there. POP is very nice airport.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
45 Minutes??????????

Yeah!! Generally 45 minutes from plane to exit!! At least it feels like 45 minutes when you're waiting! But then most of my visitors have baggage to be collected - marmite, decent tea bags, tesco choccy bickies, etc.