Working in the D.R.

MBean

May 18, 2003
Hello

My name is Martha Bean. I am currently employed as a physician assistant the US. I am considering the possibility of working in the D.R. Is anybody aware of physician assistant positions in D.R. or related fields.

Martha Bean

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry

Your only hope would be to get appointed through CARE or some other International organization. the MDs here don't have assistants, except for mistresses...

Try and see if the UN or OAS or some other international organizatin has a use for your services. It is bleek, I know, but that is pretty much the reality.

HB

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: Sorry

Hillbilly said:
Your only hope would be to get appointed through CARE or some other International organization. the MDs here don't have assistants, except for mistresses...

Try and see if the UN or OAS or some other international organizatin has a use for your services. It is bleek, I know, but that is pretty much the reality.

HB
Don't bother with the OAS -- they aren't hiring medical personnel in the DR.
HB can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but as far as I know PA's are not a certified profession in the DR as they are in the US. So if you find work in the DR, it may be more as a nurse -- better trained than most, but still considered a nurse for rank & salary purposes.
Best regards,
Keith

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Ms. Bean

You did not mention if you are fluent in Spanish.That would be a requirement to work in medicine here! Have you ever been to the DR? Also important to know.Cris Colon