Occidental Grand Flamenco or Allegro?

meu812

Dec 31, 2002

Anyone have any experiences with these resorts that could give an opinion on which is better. Also I would be traveling with a 3 and a 1 year old children. Is there anything to be concerned with this?

linzzbella

Mar 29, 2004
just came back

meu812 said:

Anyone have any experiences with these resorts that could give an opinion on which is better. Also I would be traveling with a 3 and a 1 year old children. Is there anything to be concerned with this?

i just came back from visiting the allegro occidental in punta cana. i am a 21 year old from toronto and i was looking to party over march break. i was staying at the allegro but i found that the disco there was boring. i decided to travel to the flamenco to try out their club "mangu" at which i had a blast at. you say you are travelling with a 1 and 3 year old so the disco probably does not matter. i would advise you that the food at either place is not very good as well the people do not speak very good english (learn spanish before you go is my advice.) the staff at the allegro were amazing with kids. they taught them how to dance and were very friendly. if you are a wine drinker, buy some at duty free. also, watch for the flea market at the beach, the store owners are very pushy. no item in the store is actually worth what they say it is. if you can afford to, go on the catamorangue tour to the carribbean island saona, it is amazing. the bus ride is somewhat long but everything is worth it once you see the island. if you stay at allegro go up the beach to the point because it is a nicer beach. the palm tree leaves tend to fall in the water on the resort beach and further up the water is completely clear. all in all it was beautiful and lots of fun, i want to return in august for another trip.

angel_star699@hotmail.com

cjbrooks

Mar 21, 2004
i would advise that you look at the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com, they are extremely up to date with reviews from only a couple of weeks ago.
I had booked Gran Flamenco in Playa Dorada but have now cancelled after reading so many bad reviews but I havn't read the ones on Allegro.
I have changed to Iberostar Playa Plata which gets consistently excellent reviews and won best hotel on the web 2003, yet it costs not much more than Flamenco - booking from the UK that is

fidogirl10

Apr 1, 2004
I have been to both Allegro and Occidental, I must say that Occidental was better. I would recommend you go that way....the food was better, the staff spoke english and were more courteous, and above all the resort was way nicer and maintained.

naskapi

Sep 23, 2003
I have been to both as well. Flamenco twice and Allegro once. I went to the Flamenco with a broken leg, and they were very accomodating and nice. They also have a very good kids club, much better than the Allegro. The food is similar at both resorts and the entertainment at night is almost the same as well. The rooms are nicer and newer at the Allegro, but overall the Flamenco was a better resort.

dinakerls

Apr 7, 2004
I just got back from the Allegro and didn't like it there so I would try the Flamenco next time. The general conscensus seems to be that Flamenco is the better resort.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I have been to the Flamenco twice and i am going again in a few weeks time. I hear they have been doing some work there that has improved the restaurant so i am looking forward to going. I have never had a problem here at this hotel.