question on orange cellphone service

andyt

May 28, 2003
Hello
Codetel has a website that lets you send text messages to someones codetel phone for free. Does Orange have the same service?

Thanks
Andyt

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Orange has a service similar ,but its not free,
You have to subscribe with a RD$ 100,- ORANGE card
With a RD$ 100,- card you can send 150 messages
means 0.6666666 per message

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Centenial doesn't offer email or web services. But the price for calling the states can't be beat. An hour long phone call is only $4.80.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
OK, I'll probably get a centennial phone just for that. I have my girlfriend set up with Net2Phone and she calls me from the Computer for 2 cents per minute.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
rafael...

Could you tell me more about the net2phone service your GF has? I am looking for an alternative to calling cards and dial-around.

Thanks.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
gringo in dr said:
Centenial doesn't offer email or web services. But the price for calling the states can't be beat. An hour long phone call is only $4.80.

Are we talking US dollars or pesos?

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Before you buy Centenial
check their coverage.
If you don't live in one of the big centers
you are out of luck.Their coverage is very spotty.

P

phileco

Free phone calls to Miami Montreal etc

www.clicktel.com is based in Miami and Montreal and give free calls from your PC to any regular telephone in several towns Miami , south of florida , Montreal and suburbs etc . very great service. from anywhere in the world . if you want to call other countries you have to buy a NIP code , but very cheap . call to Europe is less than 6 cents USA is 5 cents . of course you use a computer but the quality is very good and you call any telephone .