Booking Flights on AA.com

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
For those who fly American Airlines, I advise you to check the fares frequently and be willing to adjust your schedule within reason to grab the lowest possible fare. Yesterday, I booked a flight (JFK to POP), roundtrip, no stops June 1st through June 6th for $397 USD after taxes and fees were tallied. Not bad for booking in less than 3 days from departure. I wanted to fly down a day earlier (May 31st) and I checked the fare wed night and it was $450. When I went back to the website 20 minutes later it had changed to $714! I got up yesterday morning and checked it again and it was still $714 so I entered the June 1st departure instead and got it for $397.

So the peso is over 27 to 1 , I am horny and I have not set foot on Dominican soil since mid-Janurary. I had no choice but to book a flight before I died of withdrawals from lack of Dominican Women and cold presedentes. The NetSaaver weekend deals and the best deals going but I couldnt get my schedule to cooperate and I was tired of waiting so I booked this instead. I am going to rent a car this trip and do as much exploring as I can in such a short trip and i promise to relay any useful info I come across in a trip report. This will be my 5th trip in 18 months. Man I cant wait :).
Larry

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Have a good trip dude!

Hope you come back rested and relieved; from all the sun and Presidentes of course! ;)

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Fares are displayed according to availability. If the lowest class sells out, your price will be the next higher one for that particular flight. Of course, for high season such as Xmas, AA blocks all the cheap fares and sells the most expensive one.