737-300

Jan 1, 2002
today the Aeromar 737-300 maked a flight in the Santo Domingo-Miami-Santo Domingo route.

leased from Falcon Air Express, good options the 733 aircraft.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Let's see how long it will last. Actually now you can use B 767-300 and pay less when you will fly on LAN, so let's see what will happen to this next Aeromar's rescue plan.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
This aircraft really is leased to Sol Air of Honduras. They sort of "share" the airplane, which is operated by Falcon Air Express. I saw the 737-300 with Aeromar markings and Sol Air logo in TGU this past weekend. I was told it will do a round-trip to Central America and then work a round-trip to SDQ.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
D'OH!

Thanks latinaviation. I should've figured it out that they only have one AC doing SDQ-MIA-SDQ. So when does Aeromar get to "share" the AC with Sol Air? After 6:00 PM :confused: or Aug. 3?

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
It looks like the routing is:

SAP-MIA (Sol Air)
MIA-SDQ (BQ)
SDQ-MIA (BQ)
MIA-SAP (Sol Air)

Good utilization from a 737!

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
I don't think Aeromar has the funds to purchase an AC, this one is wet-leased from Falcon Air.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
owned

The aircraft is from Falcon Air and Aeromar will leas this aircraft for a long termine.

For all people interested in the reg code: N371FA

check on Airliners.net and view this ugly c/s, it will be painted in Aeromar c/s in September :disappoin maybe before high season.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Yes, this plane looks horrible, such a luxury airline as AEROMAR could not paint it before operate, well, this is just another thing about professionalism in BQ

This plane used to fly in America West and was registered as N172AW (cn 23631/1337) It is B 737-33A delivered on 02/04/1987

Last edited:

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
<i>"Professionalism in BQ.?</i> That's an oxymoron.
Having a colorful tree painted on the tail of you AC does not constitute professionalism, setting up a decent customer service department, faster check-in-systems, Online reservations, etc., that would be a good start.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
ed,

I wrote like zillion messages about all those things in Aeromar, like customer service, additional stops from NYC to SDQ, and other things.

I just wanted to add one more detail.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
and I remember all that hysteria when people were trying to impress with an upcoming surprise, like Aeromar will bring a BRAND NEW 733, so what do we have? This plane is 16 years old, well ..... :bored:

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
aviastar,

I agree with you, there's so many things that they can do to impress people and getting a 16 year old "loaner" is not one of them. At Aeromar, they have to get their priorities straight before it is too late. We all know Aeromar has had quite a long time to do thing right but they have neglected the obvious.

BTW folks, I am not wishing the airline to go bankrupt or anything like that, but the competition sees their weaknesses and failures as opportunities and by doing things right and efficiently eventually will cause the demise of Aeromar.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Stop!!!

Stop!!!

Aeromar doesnt have financial problems. Aeromar have

- regular flights
- charter flights
- cargo

the regular flights are at a occupancy of 78% on both directions (some 200 from SDQ to JFK and from JFK some 189 to SDQ) on a daily basis

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Samana,

I have no knowledge of Aeromar's financials therefore I cannot say if they have problems or not, I can only wish them well.
But we can't deny the obvious, there's a lot room for improvement in that company and they have to do so before another airline gets the same brand name recognition in our community.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
first thing they need to do is lower their prices. most of the time their prices are higher than AA's.

the wet lease stuff is not our problem...first thing is competitive prices and reliable service. I honestly wish them well.

I have never flown on Air santo Domingo but it seems that they have started with the right idea. Check the prices out!

Jan 1, 2002
the 733 take off of las americas at 12:00p.m. and arrive to las americas at 6:00p.m. and over night in las americas.

Sol Air no use the 733.