travel expense??

vickeyabbott

Jun 2, 2003
hi im working in the dr this summer!!! i'm gonna be in Bavaro just north of Punta cana but am landing @ Puerta Plata aeroport am wondering what is the best way to get to bavaro and how much its likely to cost????

Also my friend is in caberetta how far is the journey from bavaro????

thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Your friend is at least an eight hour drive away! From Bavaro it is a 3-4 hour drive to Santo Domingo (depending on who is doing the driving), and then it is another 3-4 hour drive to get to Puerto Plata, and another about half hour from Puerto Plata to Cabarete.

It will take you an entire day of traveling to see your friend in the north coast.

Your only chance is to befriend a pilot who commutes between Punta Cana (Bavaro) and Puerto Plata to catch a ride. It's but an hour flight.

By bus it is about US$10 trip, quite a bargain considering you will be traveling almost 500 kilometers. Once you get to Santo Domingo you need to catch a cab -- RD$60 to commute from one bus station to the other. You also should take the Caribe Tours bus to Puerto Plata because it puts you in Sosua, which is about 20 minutes from Cabarete.

Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I suggest you visit your friend first since Cabarete is only half an hour from your arrival airport. Stay there over night and get all the necessary info from your friend. You couldn't make it the same day anyway since it's to far away. Air Santo Domingo has cancelled the POP - PUJ flights so you have to take the bus anyway. Have a nice trip!