Congrats Dominican Beauty

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
QUe creen Mi gente? What do you guys think?
I know must of us don't doubt our Belleza.....

:cool: :cool:

Brilla Amelia Vega, Brilla!!

bladeNYC
DR1, my new bARRIO.

Last edited:

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Una mujer preciosa, bella, inteligente y simpatica: Amelia Vega, ORGULLO DE MI TIERRA!!!

FELICIDADES!

-Indie
WEEEEEEEPAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
De Acuerdo... Congrats!!!Golo was the first to predict this. How did he know? I knew she had it once Brazil was out and S. Africa slipped on the stairs. Not sure why Montenegro made it to the final 5.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
She stood out last night, no doubt about it. And what poise for an 18 year old.

Worth noting also that she won the prize for the best national costume.

Paola Karina

Jun 4, 2003
Definitivamente!!!!

Did people ever have a doubt that we (dominican women) are the most beutiful in the universe??? ;)

Pero, ya sin relajos.. Excelente participaci?n.. That goes to show that we can be both beautiful and intelligent. And at the same time, have an excellent personality.

She's not the typical pretty little girl that thinks she's all that. She's very open, nice, "simpatica" which is a trade mark of our dominican people and women..

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Actually, Theresa, Golo said that she would come 3rd at best so he didn't actually predict what happened exactly. However, I must be honest about this and say that I did feel that she would get far but I was a little skeptical about her getting the crown and this was due to what happened with Ruth last year. On another note I did feel bad for Miss Canada when she slipped but then I again I was surprised she made that far! Another surprise was the fact that Brazil didn't make it to the top five....wow.

Bueno, I definitely want to congratulate Amelia Vega from the buttom of my heart and wish her the best with what whatever she decides to do with her future!

Much Love!

DR_DEFENDER

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Did you all see that part of her prize is a "non speaking" part in a Telemundo novela. Imaginate.. what the episode would be like if either Canada or Montenegro was in it :confused:

You're right DR defender.. but golo did know that they both would be in the final 10 a least. I still think he should be a judge.

Paola Karina

Jun 4, 2003
One thing I've been wondering though. :rolleyes:

I don't meen to demerit our wonderfull candidate and now Miss Universe. But, no ser?a que, that what happened last year with Ruth could of influenced the judges' opinions this year. :paranoid: ONce againd, she has all the talent and it was well won, solo pregunto!!!:confused:

G

GabyCruz

Today I am Proud and sadden.

Is in it ironic?> Its feels like giving a kiss in one cheack, and slap in another. We have a beutifull Quinn and We, lost an excellent baseball player. I wonder if they are going to investigate our Miss universe to see if she won legit". I fell so terrible for Sammy , however he should know better. GabyCruz.

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
I was pushing for Susie

At any rate, besides looking at the parade of air heads I was paying close attention at the beauty of Panam?.

What do they have that we don't...the canal? I know there's a lot of poverty in that place but the beauty of their land is beyond belief.
Panam? city and Col?n look not only clean but prosperous. Perhaps with all the new loans the Prez could send the DR in the same direction.

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
Today @ work, I feel like I'm the winner !!

I knew she had it once Brazil was out and S

I work for an IT dept in a company that lacks of Spanish speaking employees. This morning, from the entry guard to my boss, cheered for me. ?I knew she was going to win? That?s the reason why I love my Spanish women? She is gorgeous?etc?, were the king of comments I was listing to this morning. Alike Theresa, once Brazil was out I told my mother, ?If Dominican Republic does not win, I will turn off all TVs in the house. No more watching Miss Universo?. I?ve always been proud of my nationality and always will be. Que viva la QuisQueya!!!

Felicidades RD!!!

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Brazil??? South Africa???

Get the ffuck outta here!! Miss Dominican Republic was a winner from the get-go!! She was prettier, classier, smarter and taller than those two combined, so OF COURSE she had to be THE winner!!

Way to go, Amelia! You go, girl! :cool:

-Indie
Weeeeeepppppppaaaaaaaaa!!

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Theresa,... Golo does not have any special talent picking beauty. His prediction on Miss D.R. was a win-place-show bet and anyone can do that. I intend to make the same bet on Funnycide this weekend in the Belmont.

rubio

Apr 28, 2003
www.geocities.com
Theresa said:
De Acuerdo... Congrats!!!Golo was the first to predict this. How did he know? I knew she had it once Brazil was out and S. Africa slipped on the stairs. Not sure why Montenegro made it to the final 5.

I'm soooo happy Miss R.D. won! She deserved it- not only is she an intelligent lady but she is drop dead gorgeous!! When she was standing next to Miss Venezuela at the final segment, I knew she was going to win.

As for Miss Serbia/Montenegro, she was definitely beautiful- no doubt. But did anyone hear one of her responses to the question segment? HORRIBLE, she made no sense!! That's why she was eliminated, in my opinion.

The right woman won thank goodness!

Latin American women are the most beautiful of all the world.

Rubio

SuperStar

Apr 18, 2003
Yea, she did good. I was pulling for her. Congrats!

1054703151.3556966471.jpg

capt.1054697029.panama_miss_universe_pan124

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
I guess all the beautifull girls in the DR come from el Cibao, En la Capital all you see isssss forget it i rather stay quiet.

I LOVE YOU AMELIA :bunny:

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Confirmatory medical examinations have revealed that within a reasonable degree of medical certainty, she had cork in her boobs. Thanks again Sammy. Again coming from the biggest Cubs fan on this board. He's a disgrace. Cubs lose tonight.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Lets hear from the dominican rep. experts (2 time tourists to sosua): "she doesn't look dominican...."

Now you all see my point.....girls from the cibao region?
True dominican beauty is only found in santiago / cibao region. She is not a rare personality in DR, girls like her are found in abundance all over santiago region. So please spare me with your beliefs that dominicans are all resort workers, sankies, hookers and poor. The mojority of dominicans I know live better than most american, europeans.
Congrats to Amelia. The pride of santiago.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Yah Right AZB!And there are "Flying Fish"and "Flying Squirrels, too...

..but MOST fish don't fly,and MOST squirrels don't fly,and MOST Dominican women don't look like Amelia Vega!!!!and the truth is MOST women in the whole World don't look like any of the women in the "Miss Universe Contest"!Thank God!
"Miss Universe" is a "business",owned by Donald Trump,he also owns "Miss America"!They are "buseness',no more,no less! Congratulations to all the contestants.There are no "Losers" there!
You ever notice that there are few,if any "Beauty Contests" for men? We don't like to be judged,and we couldn't stand to be a"Loser",or be "Rejected"!The whole idea of a "Beauty Contest" is just a stupid way to make women feel like a "commodity,and make $$$$$$ at the same time! No wonder "The Donald" likes them so much!! Cris Colon

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
AZB,

You make it sound like there are lots of Miss DRs tied to trees in Santiago.

Criss is right. I personally have not seen that many Dominican women on the drop dead scale of Amelia Vega.

That being said, if so many stunning women live in Santiago, I will have Amber release the ones that she has tied to trees for me in Playa Nagua.

Last edited: