Latin Clubs in Neuve Yoi!!!

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Hey! Hollywood North and Co. are hitting NYC from Wednesday June 11th through 15th. We really want to hit one or two hot latin clubs. We will be staying mid-town Manhattan, so if any of you New York DR1ers can give me some clubbing tips that would be great! It will be sort of a vacation reunion for one of my friends who would really like to hit some clubs with Dominican content!!!

Also could get together with anyone that is in town and would like to have some fun.

Prefer places within a reasonable distance. If you like, PM me with suggestions, or post for others too.

Thanks in advance!

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
copa....

is nice but its mostly salsa. If you want some back home dominican feel, go to the PIANO BAR uptown manhattan. Its inside a restaurant called THE MIRAGE, also go to the MIRAGE NIGHT CLUB right next to the restaurant...

there is also a place in brooklyn called CASA QUISQUEYA (well casa borinquen now) but the ambiance is dominican as well, good music in both places.

Also UMBRELLAS uptown, same block as THE MIRAGE....uptown is where you want to be if you want to find the dominican spots!!

good luck

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I am expecting that the trio will be making it there on Friday night...one of my friends is actually there on business so cannot play hard until then!

We are really trying to get some of that Dominican heat, since we cannot make it there for real. And a few Presidentes of course.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Sounds good Dr1 reunion

...is always a good excuse to get away from the wife. How about you Lalla care to join us?

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
There's a number of excellent clubs in NY. Here's my list of places to go but you should also check out www.digitalcity.com for a complete list of all the nightspots in the city.

DR-K - on Dykeman and Nagle..new lounge type of club across from CLUB MIRAGE in uptown. They play a nice mix of merengue, salsa and some spanish rock. The club is trendy and the crowd is mostly young and professional. Worth checking out even if just for dinner.

Cafe Largo - 3387 Broadway...never been there but I hear it's a good place to eat and dance salsa and merengue.

Club Babaloos - Times Square area...Big dance floor and awesome place to dance merengue, salsa and bachata. They have live bands on the weekends.

If you're looking for a genuine Dominican experience then I suggest you go to Mirage. I haven't been there in a while but I know it's a much more mature crowd and they play great music. Plus it's Washington Heights...doesn't get any more Dominican than that.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
it's actually not Wahington Heights..it's Inwood

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I will go with Mcinbrass

For Latin, but specially Salsa I go with Copa. As for the rest, unless you like to dance with the biggest chopos you've ever seen with gold chains up to their ears and risk your life in those neighborhoods, try the rest. Anything in Washington Heights, uptown Broadway or where Dominicans hang out are just centers for drugs and chopo behavior.

TW

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I was at the copa a few weeks ago

...It's nice. They even have an elevator and serve Bud and Coors light on tap at $4.00 a pop. The Latin room is huge and they get a great mix of people. This time of year alot of Prom kids go to the copa. I remember when I was single the shit I used to take out of there, not to mention what used to take place in the disco room in the old Copa on 57th street. You would have though you were at Trapeze. Mirage is nice too, I go there all the time. Can you believe they will clip you for $5.00 for a Presidente pequena and be lucky if they return with your change. I find latin girls to be friendly anywhere you go and I might end up dancing with 10-15 hotties throughout the course of an evening. Just too bad they dont have a salida like they do at Remington!

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
yes indeed!!

Plus it's Washington Heights...doesn't get any more Dominican than that.

You can't get more Dominican than visiting Washington Heights and Inwood. Also the Bronx has some nice (DR like) Dominican clubs as well.

For Latin, but specially Salsa I go with Copa.
I will agree with golo.

Anything in Washington Heights, uptown Broadway or where Dominicans hang out are just centers for drugs and chopo behavior.

You will find drug dealers and chopos at every typical Dominican place (we can't get rid of those types), sorry.

Now, what you will need ?hollywood north? is someone to take you to places around the Dominican community. Let me know? You could either PM or email me at smin@proindesign.com. I?ve been living is this area for almost 13 years. I know how to get around. I have no ?Gold chain?, I am not a chopo nor drug dealer. Touch bases with me and I?ll show you around one day.

bladeNYC
DR1, my new bARRIO

Last edited:

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Re: I will go with Mcinbrass

golo said:
For Latin, but specially Salsa I go with Copa. As for the rest, unless you like to dance with the biggest chopos you've ever seen with gold chains up to their ears and risk your life in those neighborhoods, try the rest. Anything in Washington Heights, uptown Broadway or where Dominicans hang out are just centers for drugs and chopo behavior.

TW

Hey what's wrong with Chopo behavior?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Re: I will go with Mcinbrass

golo said:

TW

Yep, go to the Copa where you will be safe. If you are a tourist dont stray too far uptown, actually dont go past 96th st. Saty out of Washington Heights because if you turn down the wrong block you will be sorry.
Larry