Passport

C

Castillo

Hi, I would like to know, if I need a passport to travel from NY to DR. I am a US citizen with a valid drivers linsen. My Passport expired, do I still need it?

Thanks for the info

R

Ray Modesto

The following Information was taken from DR1/Trave info. For more info. check the DR1's TRAVEL LINK

Citizens of the United States may enter with passport or with an original birth certificate and additional photo-bearing official document (such as voter's registration or driver's license.) Minor's may enter with only an original birth certificate. Cuban residents of the United States may enter with their U.S. residency card and additional official photo-bearing document.

Ray Modesto

J

jerry

When I was there in February, I went through with my passport and the time at the counter was very minimal. While I was standing in line there was a couple business men in front of me. They were talking about a fellow traveler who was traveling with his birth certificate and drivers lic. He was able to enter but it took him a couple extra minutes. hopes this helps Jerry

K

Kristi L.

I traveled from Texas to the DR in May 98. All that was required was by birth certificate and a picture ID. (Texas Drivers License was acceptable) Have a great trip!!