Windsurf Resort

Speed

May 29, 2003
Looking for any input concerning the quality of accomadations at the Windsurf Resort at Cabaret. I'll be vacationing in Nov. and have decided that Cabaret will offer a more active vacation than most others in my age group would be looking for. [in my 60's] Any information about snorkling or fishing in the area would also be appreciated. [I'll have my own gear and a car for the 2 week stay so out of the way places should be no problem] Thank you in advance for any input you might have and thanks to all who take the time to participate in this forum for helping make everyone's vacation more injoyable. P.S. I have checked out Iguana Mama and will probably use some structured tours but I like to "strike out on my own" sometimes to get a better experience of the culture,people and nature. Thanks Again

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Hey Speed

My wife and I stayed at the Windsurf on our first trip, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Good accommodations and very well maintained. Large, attractive, and quiet garden areas. They had one nice restaraunt on the premises back then and I think they added another recently. It's probably a 3-4 minute walk to the beach. All in all, I'd give it two thumbs up.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Cabarete

Hi there,

Saw your post on Cabarete. If you like a great accommodation right on the beach , we have fabulous places at great rates, especially in November.
Have a look at :www.sunnyvillaholidays.com and go to the DR page. Resorts are ok, but i think the condo Magnifico would be perfect for you . It is right on the beach and I have many happy returning clients to the place.
Thanks and if you need any help do not hesitate to ask, as I have lived in DR for over 6 month
Happy travels

Amber Coast

Jun 16, 2003
www.AmberCoastAdventures.com
Windsurf Resort perfect for you

The Windsurf Resort is really nice, clean and the perfect central location in Cabarete. You'll like it. Not cramped. Lovely garden, pool, people.

They have a parking lot where you can safely put your rental car. And they'll arrange anything you want -- trips, rentals, windsurfing, dinners, etc.

And the owner Gordon is a really cool guy who'll probably invite you for a few Presidente cervezas.

So I say go. Have fun.