Smokey vehicles

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Are there any laws requiring periodic inspections of vehicles in the DR to test how many pollutants they are expelling into the air? Some of the motoconchos give off a rediculous amount of smoke. It lays so heavy in the air that you can feel it in the back of your throat.
Larry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You JEST of course!!????? In a word ---- NO!
There is an annual check on the vehicle to make sure you have a medical kit in the car, that the HORN is working & that there are four tires on cars - 2 on motorcycles, but that is about it & with thre correct friend at the checking center, you can get this sticker on to your vehicle without a FULL inspection!!! Take a Presidente or two down for the celebration afterwards!!

Welcome to the DR, land of opportunity & LONG LIFE cars!!!

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Smokey Vehicles

Dont you know that Dominicans almost NEVER tune up, replace lights, change oil/air filters, etc.,etc.? It costs MONEY to do those things and they'd have to forego that Presidente/bottle of Ron, or whatever to do so. They add the extra oil to the cycles to keep them from wearing out the rings, not realising they're fouling the plugs and using more fuel as a result. The mechanical logic is skewed fully off center and no thought to night safety through being seen by others. Most have only enough disposible cash to buy fuel with nothing left over for anything else. Besides, laws are made to be broken, aren't they??

Texas Bill

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"TEXAS BILL",you made a mistake!

Well,kind of! Dominicans don't "replace" air filters,because they don't "use" air filters!!! They think that they get better mileage without them.They don't use "Antifreeze" either,"doesn't get cold here" is what the say!Even though it keeps the "Cooling" system in good shape,and helps if you have air conditioning!CCCCCCCCCC

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
BushBaby said:
You JEST of course!!????? In a word ---- NO!
There is an annual check on the vehicle to make sure you have a medical kit in the car, that the HORN is working & that there are four tires on cars - 2 on motorcycles, but that is about it & with thre correct friend at the checking center, you can get this sticker on to your vehicle without a FULL inspection!!! Take a Presidente or two down for the celebration afterwards!!

Welcome to the DR, land of opportunity & LONG LIFE cars!!!
Hey Grahame,
You forgot that stupid emergency reflective triangle! My wife once failed to pass an inspection without the triangle!

Emissions check in the DR??? C'mon, Larry, you knew the answer to that question before you asked it (an emphatic NO!). The closest the DR has come to demonstrating concern about vehicular emissions was when it banned the importation of cars over five years old, allegedly because that ensured getting vehicles with working catalytic converters. BTW, I met Dominican mechanics who boasted of their expertise in disconnecting those converters.

Regards,
Keith

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Catalytic Converter

Well when the first time I hauled my Explorer to the shop because it was over heating. I was told that the Catalytic converter was the guilty party.

Yo behold......the Converter removed all the over heating symptoms disappeared.

Now some of you smart asses will say that me being a regular dominicano did not change oil, did no tune ups, no valve changes etc.

And I would reply before hand....me no es Dominicano, the vehicle only had 15,000 miles on it and was always serviced according to the owner's manual etc.

My only conclusion after a Ford Explorer and naggy problems, Jeeps and loose front ends, Chrysler and bloody stupid brakes, is that Damn Gringos dunno how to put together a decent car. I have long turned to Japan for my mobility needs.

Japanese cars.....don't need oil filters, air filters, you can use horse piss in the radiator, use diesel mixed with petrol for economy and they still keep going.

If you don't believe me go and see AZB's Toyota Corolla. I think after he installed the state of the art music system it even mantains the same speeds on climbs with the AC on!!!! The puta's are pretty happy with the 10 mile increase in speed.

Smart guys....the Dominicanos and my lone buddy!!!

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Most all the motoconchos use two stroke engines where the oil is mixed with the gas. The cycles with four stroke engines are much more expensive as told to me by several dealers in SD. It's all about economics and heck with the environment as usual.
Ride a Harley, it's good for the economy (sure keeps my money in circulation)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Why have your vehicle inspected?

All vehicles are subject to inspection. Not all vehicles are inspected. Why have your vehicle inspected? You can have a friend go to the public works dept and get your sticker for you, pay the fee with a commission, vehicle sight unseen. It is nothing more than a government tool to collect money from those who can afford it. Regards, PJT