Anybody Want To Bet?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
US should sweep the Sailing except for maybe a good showing by the Bermudans.
Does the DR even have a Sailing team?
Aside for Sailing and some of the Shooting sports I really don't have much interest. I hear that the US will not be sending their best shooting teams anyway.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sailing team, no idea. But...

They have an excellent rowing team, they train weekly out of the East coast. You do DR to Puerto Rico once a week, you get good!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I suggest a reading of the DR1 News Summary on a daily basis!

There have been dozens of newspaper reports on the Pan Am Games over the last year,and more in the last months! All you have to do is read,then you won't have to ask so many questions that have already been answered! News Flash,DR1 has a "Pan Am Games" forum,maybe you could look there! Criss Colon

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The question is.....

Who Cares??????? Is anyone buying a ticket for this massive waste of time?

Other than watching the Cuban Boxing team beat up on everybody, there is really nothing worth watching, even with free tickets provided.

Just the idea of watching a game anywhere near Parque Mirador near Villa Faro gives me creeps. What a terrible eyesore. I rather have conjunctivitis, the recent popular epidemic among poor Dominicans. Has anyone ever been to Villa Faro? Or Villa Duarte?
Be sure not to bring your wallet!!!!

And those who travel near Los Frailes towards the rest of the sites near the racetrack will be risking their lives just driving thru the most dangerous highway in DR.

I guarantee your cars will be stolen and broken- in in reocrd numbers at the games' parking lots. The attendants will charge you an arm and a leg to park and then for protection money.

This will be the biggest fiasco in DR history, second only to BaninterGate.

Other than our World Champion in the 400mtrs., there is no Dominican athlete worth watching. And even he is in a losing slump. He has lost his last two international races. Our boxing team will be wiped out by the Cubans before the quarterfinals.

TW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HB's Predictions

Track and Field: Juana and Felix will medal Relay might make finals
Archery: You gotta be kidding
Bowling: Might surprise
Badminton: WHO? Whaaaa?
Basketball: Maybe quarterfinals
Baseball: Home team might get to semis
Boxing: Depends on luck of the draw-could medal
Canoeing: Zilch
Judo: Several medals, men and women
Karate: Medals
Football: Nothing
Handball: Less than nothing
Softball: Might squeek in to something but US, Canada and Cuba should be 1-2-3
Field Hockey: Absolutely nothing
Rowing: Yeah, right! Hope they don't catch a crab and sink!
Table Tennis: Good medal hopes
Shooting:
Trap: Nada
Skeet: Nada
Air Rifle: Maybe Yuberky in Fem
Rim fire: Highly doubtful
Centerfire: Doubtful. Can only hit a target if in an "Intercambio de fuego." :
Swimming: Maybe a finalist or two-no medals
Diving: Nothing
Gymnastics: Nothing to look for there.
Volleyball: Men-Nothing Women, maybe, just maybe semifinals.

Results: Several new millionairs in Santo Domingo sports circles,
A few medals in individual sports where talent and guts count, nothing in team sports where practice and training count-with the possible exception of baseball and women's volleyball
The Games will be hailed as a great sucess by the government after spending over RD$3 billion on them.

Been there, done that. Never again.

HB

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
i am surprise that you!!!!! people are so negative in something that should only bring countries and people together stop the crap anticipating the results unless you guys are parthenering with WALTER MERCADO (ummm it might be) you never know.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
ERICKXSON said:
i am surprise that you!!!!! people are so negative in something that should only bring countries and people together stop the crap anticipating the results unless you guys are parthenering with WALTER MERCADO (ummm it might be) you never know.

Don't ask the question if you don't think you like the answer!!!!

I sincerely hope that tha games are a success but I hold no hope.

If, and that is a big "If", everything is ready on time it will still be a big loss for the Dominican people. Billions spent for very little return.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Racquetball

HB - I think you missed this one on your list. This is the only one I will be watching, as I have two friends competing (women's). One from the DR, and another from Canada. Best of luck to both of them, wish I could be there to watch, they are both contenders and great people to know.

marc

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
DR is a shoo-in for .........

The 1600 meter bribe relay

The 1,408,000 meter (DR to USA) rowing (off into the sunset with 2 billion clamolas)

The synchronized presidential candidates swim team.

And the motoconcho marathon (rules: only one driver allowed to die in a collision with a guagua or camion per mile).

Last edited:

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
playing tennis pp,pc,

i am going to be visiting around the 12th-20th. Anyone play?I'm 4.5 singles, doubles. Looking to have some fun and exercise. 59 and I've just done something to my laptop. I hope it will send

Towerheads.com

Jul 20, 2003
www.towerheads.com
Show Jumping Gold!

A Gold or Silver Medal is a must for the United States Equestrian Team. With a Gold or Silver they qualify for the 2004 Olympic Games. Anything less, they will not make the trip to Athens.

Led by the amazing Chris Kappler, I see the US Equestrian Team winning Show Jumping GOLD.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
If you want to see some horse jumping...I will bring a horse my grandpa has in Cotui...or better yet a burro...

LynnCox

Feb 18, 2002
USA Gold

not sure about that one! there are other teams just as good if not better...check your info.

Last edited:

LynnCox

Feb 18, 2002
Bueno...as an American that lives in the DR, I certainly wish the USA Team the best of luck...but the reality is that there are SO many talented riders that will be competing...it's going to b a tough and exciting competition. Dressage will be even better! The DR certainly hopes for Individual Gold with our outstanding rider Yvonne.

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
Cheeing for DR people

I know I'm going to be cheering for everone. I don't care what sport or flag. Especially for the DR people, not just the athletes. I'm counting on them to find ways of making it work. Sounds like a resiliant population.

Maybe the media attention will bring in more tourists with money if that's what the eccononmy needs. I'm sure we can survive even if things are not finished. We have all worked too hard to let little things like politics or who wins be important.

I'm asking the athlete I'm with, to include in every interview, how beautiful DR is. As a Californian i know that tourism is a mixed blessing at best. We are overrun with tourists and then they move here. Our suburban sprall goes on and on and on, and so do I. but sometimes it is OK.
I'm just so excited to be coming to DR! Off my soap box now- k

Hey they gave me more characters! Wish I had spell check. I'll still try to keep posts shorter ...

Last edited: