Aeromar reduces frequencies again.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
My sister in law has a return ticket to New York by Aeromar Airlines. I don't know why but she was contacted by airline and informed that now Aeromar operates only 4 flights a week from S Domingo to Kennedy Airport. They will fly until June 21 only om Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. They offered to change return for any day we want. Flights from Santiago has been reduced to 5 per week. I don't understand why do people work like this, I mean changing the schedule several times a month, this is frustrating.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Well...

You should've told her to fly on AA. :cool:

Or you should've told her to read some of the posts here about the mentioned airline. That airline regardless of what anyone in this board or anywhere says is unstable.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
from june 20 aeromar will increase flights
santo domingo to nyc/jfk 10 fligts a week
santiago to nyc 10 flights a week
santo domingo to miami 7 flights a week

go to aeromarairlines.com

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Papito_Chulo said:
My sister in law has a return ticket to New York by Aeromar Airlines.... I mean changing the schedule several times a month, this is frustrating.

Out of curiousity how much did she save over not buying AA from JFK or CO from Newark?

Doubtful it makes up for this increasingly typical lack of service from Aeromar.

Santo: You ARE samana1 - I knew you could not resist Aeromar once someone else mentioned it.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
rick you are too funny...

i think he wet his pants when he heard Aeromar..lol

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Must be tough..

cmedina07 said:
rick you are too funny...

i think he wet his pants when he heard Aeromar..lol

to stay "secretly" on the sidelines while the precious one-plane wonder, Aeromar is slammed for the facts, too.

I cannot understand in this forum why people, all types and origins, would risk the vacation for like $20 on all these 1/2-ass airlines that people complain about, wonder about , etc., when there are regular, scheduled airlines flying the same routes, day in and day out.

Worse yet are those who ask, get told NOT to fly on Billy Bob's Sopwith Camel Airlines, do it anyway, save like $3.00 THEN have the huevos to write back and belly-ache that service or other factors sucked.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
i think this forum is guilty, it provides controversial information about Aeromar, some say that it is excellent and probably people buy that. But soon when Air Santo Domingo will fly to NYC Aeromar will disappear. LAN on SDQ MIA route and EX in NYC will defeat it.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
you are way off....

Papito_Chulo said:
i think this forum is guilty, it provides controversial information about Aeromar, some say that it is excellent and probably people buy that. But soon when Air Santo Domingo will fly to NYC Aeromar will disappear. LAN on SDQ MIA route and EX in NYC will defeat it.

this forum is not guilt of anything. I think this forum provides a unique opportunity for those that fly in and out of DR. You take what you read here and then decide what your best option is.

There are few people here who praise Aeromar. There have been many negative stories about the airline. You read opinions of members and then you make a conscious decision on what to do. This forum does not force anyone to fly Aeromar or any other airline for that fact.

There is nothing controversial about Aeromar here. The only controversy is when people come here and post comments that make no sense. For example, I like Aeromar because they have Latin flight attendants and because they will serve arroz con guandules and mangu..gimme a break!!

Or, we have to support Aeromar because it represents our country of DR. what's that all about!

I wish the airline the best but I have not flown them or will not fly them unless they offer a fare that is hard to beat. Anyway, as it stands, Aeromar has many fares that are the highest to DR.

Aeromar has cause a lot of attention because they have a chopo way of doing PR on this site. They had Samana1 here adding the word Aeromar to every post he mentioned and people got tired of that.

Look at Air Santo Domingo. They will start service to JFK. Their prices are closely 200 dollars less than what other airlines are charging. So it seems that they re not just out there to make a quick buck.

I wish all these airlines a lot of luck but to say that this forum is just way off mark.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Can anybody verify a story that aeromar owes $RD57,000,000.00 to the civil aviation dept. in the D.R. and if so i understand they have only ten more days to pay.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Every airline that sells tickets on a cchedule flight has to pay $10 USD per pax upon entry and another $10USD upon departure to civil aviation, this is besides the $10USD that it is now incorporated into the ticket which used to be paid for by the pax. at their departure.
Now what has happaned is that the company in question has not paid that money to civil aviation for a while now and cab wants to collect, and as understood in the industry they were given 15 days and that was 5 days ago or their traffic rights were going to be revoked.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
The source you can try civil aeronautics board themselves, they may shed some light on the subject.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Doubtful Figures

Since Aeromar has its one flight per moon phase and 4 passengers per flight they might owe 57 pesos but not 57 million pesos. If they owed that much they'd probably brag about it as it would imply people actually fly on Aeromar. When they can find it and buy a ticket of course.

If they charge in US$ and wait a bit for the peso to go down even more even if they owe 57 million they can pay with 100 US$.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Like i mentioned earlier don't take my word for it, try civil aviation board and as far as the peso is concerned you are absolutely correct. However the amount they owe is from a debt dated as far as a year and a half ago. "THEY JUST DON'T PAY UP"

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
bueno medina creo que usted tiene razon tenemos que apoyar cual que airlines de republica dominicana por que no tenemos una lineas fuerte como cuba en cubana o jamaica como air jamaica o trinidad y tobago bwia

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Papito_Chulo said:
But soon when Air Santo Domingo will fly to NYC Aeromar will disappear. LAN on SDQ MIA route and EX in NYC will defeat it.

And when **Delta** starts the Atlanta-Santo Domingo route this fall, it will blow all of them out of the water. A friend high up at Delta says the introductory fare will be in the neighborhood of $278 RT $US. American gets about $595 $US right now on that same route.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
You Don't Seriously Think AA Won't Compete?

Orlando said:
And when **Delta** starts the Atlanta-Santo Domingo route this fall, it will blow all of them out of the water. A friend high up at Delta says the introductory fare will be in the neighborhood of $278 RT $US. American gets about $595 $US right now on that same route.

They may get $595 on that route now but you would have to believe that they'd lower the rate if they had to match Delta. If indeed Delta adds such a route. Why they'd start this fall and now July when there are many people visiting leads one to believe that plans and actions are two different things.

And introductory fares are just that, they don't persist, Delta or anyone won't fly unprofitable routes year-round.