1us$ = Rd$35

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
crambi, where do those rates come from. Certainly not from anywhere in the DR.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
crambi,
As Ken implies, that dollar rate has no relation to how many Dominican pesos a dollar would go for at any cambio (or even any bank or hotel) in the DR today, much less what they'd get on the streets of the DR.
Regards,
Keith

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
crambi, when someone starts a thread asking what the "street rate", they want to know what the rate is in the banks and exchange banks in the Dominican Republic. The website you gave the link for is not coming close to reflecting today's rate IN THE DR.

Did you read the item in today's DR1 news summary about dollarization in the DR? I am talking about the item where it says that the rate hit 36 to 1 today.

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
I heard that the excange rate was at 38DOP=1US$ . And I think it will go up, even higher, next monday. At this time, the exchange rate for the Peso is at an all time high, and hopefully I think i will go down, once the Goverment signs an agreement with the IMF (If it does sign). Anyway, I think we should go to the supermarket & other stores, and buy the imported items we most use, because prices are going to be increased. Exam. JW Blue Label 750ml is at this moment at US$65 in any local supermarket and I got a price quote from a wholesale distributor in Miami, in which the bottle of Blue label is at US$90.