How do I get orig birth certificate from Santiago

D

DR One

You can usually get your birth certificate in one to three days, depending on the work load of the justice of peace. It will make your life easier to have the actual number, best a photocopy of the birth certificate, so this can be found easily in the book. You will also need to know the address of the justice of peace where he was declared in the province of Santiago for us to try to locate the court telephone number for you.

L

Leanie

I need to get a phone number of the office in Santiago that holds the archives of birth certificates. We need a copy or original in order for my husband to get his DR passport done in the States. We'll be in DR next month but I don't want to take the chance of getting the paperwork done while over there. thanks

F

Fabio J. Guzman

The answer is correct except for stating that the declarations are given to and found at the "justice of the peace". Births in the Dominican Republic are declared and registered at the "Oficial?as de Estado Civil", a different entity from the "justice of the peace": the first depends on the "Junta Central Electoral", the second is a strictly judicial body under the supervision of the Supreme Court. In some places, both the Oficial?as and the Juzgado are housed in the same building.

L

Leanie

Thank you for your response. I contacted his mom this morning and found out that the province is: San Jose de la Mata. This trip is a birthday surprise for my husband so I've been doing all this secretively. I can't wait for next month to surprise him. If you can get a number for me I would truly appreciate it.

D

DR One

Contact Dr. Jimenez at the Oficialia in San Jose de las Matas. Tel 809 578-8025