Land Dominicana, Dominican???

libramentum

Jun 11, 2003
I have to agree with Latino 2002 regarding his comments that if AA starts with American Dominicana, does that makes it?s a Dominican carrier.

As I understand, there is a new resolution that in order to be a Dominican Passenger Airline, the airline has to own a plane and that plane has to be resisted HI, like Air Santo Domingo or Aeromar.

But I don?t think, and please someone tell me if I?m wrong, that Lan Dominicana has an airplane resisted HI, and if they do, what plans to they have with that aircraft?

Lan Dominicana is merely a subsidiary of Lan Chile in the Dominican Republic, run by I local GSA and thinking that just by calling them self Lan Dominicana, they will exploit ?La Dominicanidad?. If they were really a Dominican Airline, why don?t they paint the airplane. I had the chance to see the plane before living to Miami and it is only painted as all other LAN Chile airplanes with ?LAN?.

I will appreciate your comments?

M

Meng

Hmm

I had never thought about it that way (American Dominicana). Good point, and your absolutely right. It is just a subsidiary of Lan. I totally agree with your point, and I dont think they plan on REALLY exploring "la dominicanidad."

Good thinking.

Jan 1, 2002
is intelligent of market

all big airplane has Lan Chile Color, only medium airplane like 320 y 737 has Lan xxx color

Lan Peru
Lan Ecuador

and Lan Dominicana will use dominican tripulations, crew. but yes is a sudsidiary for me.

Lan Dominicana this register in Secretaria de Industria y Comercio and DGAC y JAC like Dominican airline, with authority like Aeromar, Air Santo Domingo and however dominican airline, including to Aero Continente Dominicana too.

for example: Verizon ex GTE this in Dominican Republic. called
Compa??a Dominicana de Tel?fonos ( CODETEL ), add much money to the Dominican Economy, and employees, codetel this register like Dominican Company, but take many more money for the company, to CODETEL like the DR, ??y asi a quien no??

but, what do you think?

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
libramentum said:
I have to agree with Latino 2002 regarding his comments that if AA starts with American Dominicana, does that makes it?s a Dominican carrier.
I will appreciate your comments?

AA regardless of Latino2002's speculation isn't about to do Americana Dominicana, why would they? They are the largest airline in the world and fly to many, manyLatin American destinations under their own label.

And my undersatnding is a pure Dominican airline not leasing planes from an FAA approved operator cannot even land in the USA so AA will be AA and Lan Dominicana will be a subsidary of Lan Chile etc., etc., etc.

Some day maybe we'll be able to find LD on the internet.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
lan dominicana is a dominican airlines. lan chile is a very rich airlines now its got

lan peru
lan chile
lan chile cargo
lan ecuador
lan dominicana

y mas.....

si ellos ponieran lan venezuela its will be cool o lan colombia

Jan 1, 2002
Lan Chile Group

Lan Chile ( Chile )
Lan Express ( Chile )
Lan Cargo ( Chile )
Lan Per? ( Peru )
Lan Ecuador ( Ecuador )
Lan Dominicana ( Rep. Dominicana )
MAS AIR ( Mexico )
Florida West ( United State )
ABSA ( Brasil )

Note: MAS AIR, ABSA and Florida West are cargo airlines.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Lan Dominicana will use SDQ based crew only when they'll base a plane here in SDQ. Now flight is operated by Lan Chile's crew from MIA. So it is absolutely 100% chilean airline. It is the same situation as Transmeridian with Air Santo Domingo. If TM operates flights SDQ JFK on behalf of ASD it doesn't mean it is Dominican carrier.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
You may be correct however the records that lie in civil aviation dept. show that ASD owns at least 8 aircraft of their own, which i think qualifies them a lot more as a Dominican carrier over one that just wet leases and owns nothing in the D.R.

Searcher

May 5, 2003
the issuance of Lan Dom's certificate shows that the Dominican Authorities are not interested in getting DR out of CAT 2. For a carrier to be a carrier it must have a least one aircraft registered under its local regulations, in this case HI and Lan Dom don't have that asset.

Lan Dom was simple used to allow Lan Chile to entered in DR because the DOT-FAA will not grant them the 5th freedom to fly that route as Lan Chile + AA opposed and pressure Lan Chile about it.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
That is correct they must have operational control of at least 51% of their fleet but as i wrote earlier they(the authorities) decided to interpret the law differently to their convenience and of course to the convenience of the carriers that now have certificates and no HI registered aircraft.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ricktoronto

i never said that AA will launch AA Dominicana
I just cuote that because if avery single airlines foreing airlines will launche they airlines as for example Delta dominican or us airways dominicana...thats mean that those airlines are the national carrier in the DR??????

And i know that AA is the bigger airlines after the acquire TWA.......

AA will never need do that trick....they are AA and they are Proud of it.