Immigration Question

Drgirl

Oct 30, 2002
I was just wondering if anyone can help me with an Immigration inquirie. My husband went for his interview 2 weeks ago and then they sent him to do his medical, The doctor then told him that they would send the results directly to Haiti. They don't have his passport or any of his I.D. I was just wondering what happens from here and how long the process from here would be. Thanx

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
immigration? to here? haiti? what?....... if you are talking about the medical check for the local dr residency permit, then the clinic i had to go to - and i was advised which clinic to go to - passed the results direct to the immigration board.
that was some time ago, and i don't know if it still operates that way, but it worked.
there is/was, obviously some kind of scam between immigration and the clinic, but that is nothing unusual.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Haiti has nothing to do with DR residency applications

As explained in a posting the immigration authorities (Direcci?n General de miraci?n) send you to a private clinic in Sto Dgo and from there (usually within 2 weeks) they forward the results directly to them and you may hand them over all documents supporting your application.
I do not know how Haiti can be involved into this process !

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: Haiti has nothing to do with DR residency applications

hansbert said:
As explained in a posting the immigration authorities (Direcci?n General de miraci?n) send you to a private clinic in Sto Dgo and from there (usually within 2 weeks) they forward the results directly to them and you may hand them over all documents supporting your application.
I do not know how Haiti can be involved into this process !

I am guessing but to immigrate to <B>Canada</b> you do the medical and such and then the Canadian Consulate in Pt. Of Prince does the review - the interview if any is done in Sto. Domingo with a visiting immigration officer.

For fiance' visa this can take close to a year if you aren't using a "connected" Canada based lawyer and if you are using an "immigration consultant" well, as long as if you did it on your own I hear.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I think given the lack of info in DRgirls original post Rick has nailed it!

Sounds like someone immigrating from the DR to Canada!
I've heard it takes up to three years for a "spouse" (husband/wife) to make it to Canada once the process is started.
Good luck and hope you have lots of patience!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Canada Immigration Story

MommC said:
Sounds like someone immigrating from the DR to Canada!
I've heard it takes up to three years for a "spouse" (husband/wife) to make it to Canada once the process is started.
Good luck and hope you have lots of patience!

Actually from very close experience (not me but I was assisting with the lawyer) using a good immigration laywer in Toronto it was about 2 months to get the final approval.

Immigration waived the interview, all the immigrant's documents were in order, passport, medical, police certificate, application and ROL fees paid to Canada, etc.

It was called off by the sponsor at the last minute but it was maybe 10-14 days away from the person flying to Toronto TWOV on AA via MIA ( since it was too difficult to convince Transat to OK one way flight with the paperwork being an approved fiancee visa for Canada otherwise it would have been a simpler flight non stop).

The reality was the sponsor made over $150,000 a year so there were no LICO issues or even close , they had a relationship for around a year, maybe a little less, the fiancee had no skeletons in the closet. I think Immigration Canada said it was up to the sponsor to take the risk ( since it was a 10 year sponsorship).

The sponsor got concerned about age differences and cultural issues and bailed out. Paid the lawyer $1500 CDN, got the ROL fees back.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
immigration

After my wifes medical it took approximately 2 months before she had her papers to come to Canada, with the whole process taking about 8 months. We are in the process of trying to bring her mother her but there is a medical condition that they want to confirm or not confirm that requires a recheck in 3 months before she can get her papers. We received a letter from the Canadian Embassy stating that all medicals get sent to Trinidad Todago for Evaluation and then back. If there is no problem medically you should have some kind of answer in the next 2-3 months. Good luck and persevere.