Child Support US Cit to Dominicana

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I scanned through the legal section for this issue and I did not see it explicitly mentioned. I did read something that a Dominican mother of a child by a US citizen might win US support rates. The cost of living down there (in my opinion) is so low that US$400 a month would cover gas , rent , electric and telephone in a nice place. How does child support work in this case, and is it known or common for a DR man to fix a guy up with a DR woman so they can live off support (? I know I'm being paranoid schizophrenic here, but I still need to be assured). : ) and would the support be different if the woman already has children by a Dominican.

-Lee

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Maybe state the whole case....

Are you being accused of fathering a child with a Dominican? It does happen.

The Americans I have know with this mistake have first obtained a DNA test for paternity as it has been known that some girls you may have encountered might have a bit of loose morals, e.g. maybe they have had carnal relations with a few other men (like 5,000) and possibly it isn't yours.

Where it has been proven a few tourists have started paying voluntarily , I have heard as little as 150 and as much as 300 US.

I think a "DR Guy" fixing you up with a "DR Woman" still requires a) sexual relations and b) an actual proven baby to make the possibility of child support a reality.

If you think the marginal cost of another baby / child is X then I suppose you could argue you don't have to pay the entire existing overhead but the incremental costs of the addition to her ( your) family.

Even if not legally collectible and I would surmise ducking the payment would not be too much of a challenge, don't you think you have a moral obligation to pay? If it is yours. Or a "hypothetical tourist" ( not you).

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Well ok . . . .

To clarify:

1) My statement refers to if I was the father.

2) It is not a question of ducking responsibility, it was a question of amount that has been assigned in historical cases and is it based of amarican rates or some kind of dominican rate.

3) I personally don't think Dominican women have loose morals.

I do think lot's of people are seeking American citizenshio any way they can.

-Lee

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
if you search the archives you will find that the cost of living is actually increasing and truthfully $400 US wouldn't go too far if she and child are living on their own and if they live in a city.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
There is no fixed scale for child support. Courts have very wide powers to set the amount based on two parameters: the means of the father and the needs of the child. Child support rulings are always subject to adjustment if circumstances change.