Traveling to puerto plata (EXPENSIVE)

briangogs

Jun 22, 2003
If anyone knows how to get from the northeast U.S. to puerto plata for less than about 575USD please let me know

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Maybe Narrow This Down

briangogs said:
If anyone knows how to get from the northeast U.S. to puerto plata for less than about 575USD please let me know

Specify a city and dates since those are pretty influential factors in determining fares.

If you are talking summer $575 is pretty normal. Try air only charters and prepare for service and scheduling that meets their needs and not your needs. Including stopovers you didn't count on and changes in arrival and departure times that are used to feed the resort packages coming and going.

I swore off charters in 2000 after Air Transat changed the departure time once 3 weeks before, then 5 more times the day of departure and also added a stop in Punta Cana at 2 a.m. so my original arrival at SDQ of 1 p.m. Saturday wound up being 6 a.m. the following day.

AA has schedules and they stick to them.

briangogs

Jun 22, 2003
i'm basically willing to travel anywhere from baltimore to new york. My dates are locked at July 19th through the 26th, since i've booked the place already through a time share. The best i've found to puerto plata is from jfk. There's a charter through usa3000 to santa domingo for about 325usd. I'm not sure if there's an easy way to get from santa domingo to puerto plata, i've heard of a bus but don't know much about it

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Very Good Buses

briangogs said:
i'm basically willing to travel anywhere from baltimore to new york. My dates are locked at July 19th through the 26th, since i've booked the place already through a time share. The best i've found to puerto plata is from jfk. There's a charter through usa3000 to santa domingo for about 325usd. I'm not sure if there's an easy way to get from santa domingo to puerto plata, i've heard of a bus but don't know much about it

Caribe and Metro run from Sto. Domingo to POP daily via Santiago for under $10 and with A/C drinks and a movie.

5 hours or so with the stop. To save $250 it is an option. Depends on when you arrive in SDQ of course.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
ricktoronto, what do you mean drinks and movies?

Metro doesn't have any videos, both companies don't serve drinks on its buses, so what is this all about?

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Caribe Tours departure every hour on top ot the hour from 6 00 AM to 6 PM.

Metro ST : 7AM 11AM 2PM 4PM 6:30PM

I recommend you METRO, it is faster, they don't have that many stops as Caribe Tours.