from las terrenas to playa rincon

fabdimo

Jun 22, 2003
Probably this summer I will spend some days in las terrenas, from this city I will also want to do some trip to the other interesting place in the saman? peninsula in particular I want to visit playa rincon.
From the map that I have seen the is not a direct street between las terrenas and playa rincon but i have to follow the street that goes to saman? and then to las galeras.
Can you suggest me the best transportation to reach playa rincon from las terenas?
By boat... (how much does it cost? how many time does it take?)
or
By a rented moto...(what is the street condition? how many time does it take?)

Thank you in advance

Fabrizio

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you are thinking "streets", you are in error. It is a long way from Las Terrenas to Playa Rincon. Probably best is to take a guagua (public transport) from Las Terrenas to Samana, then a guagua from there to Las Galeras. In Las Galeras you can probably get someone to take you to nearby Playa Rincon by boat. This is going to be a long, difficult day if you are thinking about a round trip.

Look for one of AndyB's posts and send him an email or PM. He should be able to get you from Las Galeras to Playa Rincon.

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
Re:Las Terrenas to Playa Rincon

Forget the boat from Las Terrenas-I don't see it, for it is just too far... but from Las Galeras, that is a great convienient way to access it.

With a good on/off road moto [rent a yamaha]...not a scooter or the typical small street Honda run-about, you can do it as well.

If you were going from LT round trip, give yourself a full day to do it.

One way give yourself a leisurely 3-4 hr.

Find another rider to go too... as this is a good back up.

Here is a rough map and a link. [Scroll down on this:]

You can take the coastal route thru el limon to Samana.

http://www1.tip.nl/~t794614/mapsam.htm

For More info:

http://www.samana.net/attractions-en4.html

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I went "down into"

Playa Rincon with my car, not recommended! Because of the road conditions (rocky, dirt and mud), it took me a while to decend the mountain unto the beach. The car took some undercarriage damage as well.

Well worth it the visit, especially the "love cave" @ the eastern end:cool:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
how about using a 4x4?

there is no way to go by car without causing damage to it?

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
cmedina07 said:
how about using a 4x4?

there is no way to go by car without causing damage to it?

I probably won't go that route again until I trade up to a 4x4 or other high clearance vehicle. I rate the ride down as a "3" on a 4x4, "8" in a sedan, with "10" being most difficult on my scale.

Horseback should be a blast, dirt bike, nah, break the serenity with all the bing-bing-bing noise.

I guess the difficulty to reach the beach has helped keep it so virgin. Were I a beach bum, this is were I would call home, and defend my stretch of beach vigorously with the hundreds of fallen coconuts that lay about.......

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
funny

your last paragraph reminded me of Tom Hanks in Cast Away.

thanks for the info