Air Santo Domingo

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
they started flying from JFK to SDQ today.

I go to their website to see if they have updated their info and get this message:

"This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible. "

who knows...maybe they did this on purpose to update their info. I also know that they have bought a new domain name :

airsantodomingovacations.com

they also have two toll free numbers which I don't have with me right now.

let's see how they do

Last edited:

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Well it looks like they started off better then others at least i saw on tv a 757-200 painted in ASD colors from the news coverage, i understand they also have Dominican flight attendants and coming soon integrating mixed cockpit crewmembers with TMA.

KUDOS FOR AIR SANTO DOMINGO and any other carrier willing to invest on trying to protect the traveling public between the U.S. and the D.R. again Kudos.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
worse than you think

I don't understand why don't you ask him to publish his sourse? Every time I post something here you ask me to publish the sourse, now people related to Aeromar say that EX does worse than we think. What a cheap way to promote struggling carrier.

Every post here must be ended with connections to Aeromar, now when Samana1 is gone from this forum, another BQ's agent is trying to do the same. What a shame!

Aviastar!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Please stop your bitching, your begining to sound like.... nah, forget it.

I didn't need to ask the source. I think you need to read my post and think about exactly what I said. If you still can't see it, sorry, I can't help you.

Back to the topic!

Hopefully they will do well, I think they run a good show.

Last edited:
M

Meng

Inagural Flight STATS...

Jfk-Sdq Less than 100 people (20 some of which where actually paying) the rest of them were "bolas" to promote... Para la comiqueria (agentes de viajes, gente de prensa, bla bla bla) you know the drill...

Sdq-jfk 18 PEOPLE on board... 4 or 5 of which were actually paying.....the rest was the same S**T...

THIS IS A TRUE FACT..... but then again... I dont have to site my sources...

yea, and Aeromar is Struggling...(RIGHT>>>>)

Look AVIASTAR (i thought you were banned por hablar tanta M*****) but anyway.. I will still deal with you like I always have.

Look, lets get real... Yes I do Like Aeromar... i think they are the 0nly ones along with Lan that have a future if they play their cards right... And No... I dont think Air Santo Domingo will have a future like they do....

Simple.... Look AT THE WAY they are flying now.... This is high season for crying out loud... "if an airline doesnt make money in the summer, the suggestion is to get the F___K out." (I know where i got that from)...

Anyway, like i said, this is HIGH SEASON... WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN EX reaches SEPTEMBER?????????? HMM?? What do you think will happen?? Personally I dont think they will make it.... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I HOPE THEY DO... BECAUSE THAT WAY, AA's piece of the pie will get smaller, and everyone will be "technically" better off....

Another stat.... BQ has been flying very well... Look... they even switched the 767-200 for STI because it is coming down from NY with 260-280 PEOPLE EVERY SINGLE TIME....... And leaving with more than 150 EVERY SINGLE DAY.....

They moved the 757 to Sdq-jfk and they currently only board 150 people... (even though it is configured for 180)... But you know what... They do this because they wish not to leave bags behind. Not because the demand is not there... NOW THATS COMMITMENT.... But it doesnt matter... Lets say several bags are left behind on one of the days on the 757, NO PROBLEM... Their bags will arrive on the SECOND FLIGHT that very night, so the passenger does not need to worry.

Online booking engine is coming in september with new concept and design, New routes... Electronic Tickets... But then again, im just promoting a struggling Airline... Oh by the way, why dont you tell us what position you have in EX.. Because i know you work there.....OOPS.... I said it...

M

Meng

it is Aviastar

I agree with you... but this only happens when certain individuals start disrespecting others. This only happens when Aviastar starts posting.... Cmedina, and Robert... you both know this.... that is why you people banned him... But he came back to do exactly what he has been doing before....

M

miguelvfma

I was Lucky to be invited on ASD Inagural flight and let me tell you that 99 pax of the 122 on board were paying pax.

Im sorry to let you down but,

Things happen.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Escott said:
Everytime I check in on Airlines I feel like telling everyone to check there balls at the door before you post here. Everyone is always pissing on everyone.

The funny thing is Escott, is that they end up looking like idiots. Often it's better to let them have their 5 mins of fame, just so the rest of us can form our own opinions.

In the end their true colours come out, e.g Papi signing as Aviastar.

Meng is 100% Aeromar, so now most of us take his posts with a pinch of salt.

I wouldn't fly Aeromar because I do not trust them, just like some of their mouth pieces that post on this board.

These people are so blind, they don't understand the harm they do to the businesses they represent.

They need to invest in some people and marketing skills :)

Last edited:

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Well, first of all I would like to advise Meng that I don't work in EX, I know who do you think I am, but that man works as a technician, I don't even know him, I've heard that this foreigner who has the same nationality as I do works there, so you are wrong again. Like with those details about ASD's forst flight with 18 passenger who paid for tickets. I don't even think that the guy you think I am has an access to internet. I live in Cabarete and I have nothing to do with Air Santo Domingo, nor with any other local carrier. So please calm down.

I don;t think you are the right person to predict ASD's future, do you have any expirience in airline marketing, did you have your own airline or were you CEO of British Airways lately? So please leave your comments. For you Aeromar is the only one, it is like NEO from the Matrix.

Please be real when you speak about left bags in JFK, lately Aeromar had to leave like 40-50% of all bags, and do not forget that Hensein is gonna take over SDQ MIA SDQ cargo route.

Anyway, I don't care about Aeromar, for me it is just like Voladora Airlines.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Samana1...I mean meng you're right all the BQ (JFK - STI or SDQ) flight are packed to max.

In regards to the bags, they never get there that following day nor night, I know for a fact. This past Fri. BQ brought to JFK a Cargo 757 to transport to STI and SDQ almost 26,000 kg. of bags left behind at JFK...Now let's do the math, 26,000 kg = 57,319 Lb. at an avg. of 70 lb per bags that is a total of 819 bags!!!!!

Some of those bags had been there for almost a week. Oh man can you imagine how many people are pissed off at BQ? I've always said that for the JFK - SDQ or STI route in high season the 200 series 757 or 767 is inadequate, BQ should put 767-300 or 400 on those routes.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Ed_nyc

I have another brilliant suggestion for BQ.

Maybe they should lease a brand new B 777-300 F class only configuration and put An-124 Freighter to transport bags?

Lease of 777 now is about 700 000 - 900 000 USD per month, so what's the problem?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
the topic is Air Santo Domingo.

please get back to it

a question was asked as to hoe they are doing

if anyone has any idea please post it.

and Meng, if you are goint to make comments like the one above, then a source would be helpful.

why can't some of you be civilized and just listen to each other's opinion? now back to the topic

I have not really heard anything negative abour ASD yet. Let's see what else we hear about them soon.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
How easy is to forget

Meng,

I flew Aeromar couple years ago, and there were about 20 people on the flight. That was in summer season. So, should Aeromar pull out at that time because of that? Air Santo Domingo has just started flying to NY and it takes months and months of marketing before you attain your objective. I have flown them to San Juan and have no complaints at all. Lan is doing good because they can bring passengers from different countries though filling up the aircrafy. Some of the airlines will have to go, there is just not enough market for all the capacity available, time will decide.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Only the strong and the ones that contribute more for the authorities will survive.

M

Meng

GRS: I agree

I agree Grs.... You are right on the money. Time will decide. You are right... Aeromar was probably flying with 20 pax several years ago but my main concern is how will (and dont get me wrong because i want them in) they sustain losses once low season arrives? Correct me if im wrong wasn't aeromar's forte Cargo?? This is what they have been doing for 35 years... And they still do it... Cargo is what sustained Bq for years... Obviously now Pax DIV. can do it on its own because of Market Presence and bla bla bla... but that takes years of fieldwork....

How can EX do it? In my opinion, I dont think they can sustain flights to NY with flights to puerto rico... Because you know that when low season hits, they will probably lower P.R flights to maybe 3-5 times a week.

I wonder what would happen if Bq starts up Puerto Rico... I think it would only be a waiting game, and see who can sustain the losses longer.

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
remember..

As Aeromar did cargo, Air Santo Domingo has other businesses that sustain their regular operations. They do charters, regular flights, cargo, etc. I'm not in the position to determine how are their finances or how long can they sustain their operations. Airlines are very challenging and complex, it is not a simple operations and they carry hughe fixed costs. Three months ago, AA was offering airline tickets for 500 and 600 from Miami to Santo Domingo. Today the prices are in the 200-300 dollar range. For me all the airlines could stay flying so they can drive the prices even lower.