Where, When And How To Purchase Tickets

ECH714

Mar 12, 2003
ABOUT THIRTY DAYS LEFT.....BUT I AM SURE MANY WILL WANT TO PURCHASE THEIR TICKETS FOR VARIOUS EVENTS, INCLUDING THE OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONIES WHICH ARE DESCRIBED AS SPECTACULAR IN TODAY'S DR-1.
WHY THE NATIONAL SECRET ABOUT TICKET SALES???? THIS IS A MORE CLOSELY GUARDED SECRET THAN THE COMBINATION TO THE NATIONAL TREASURY!!!!

Caribbean_X

Jul 15, 2003
An organizational mess

I don't blame the DR for the fact that with 15 days to go that schedules are tentaive and tickets are not yet available. As of July 17 many countries were still confirming the number of participating athletes. For example in female soccer a home-home match between Haiti-DR will be held with the winner qualifying for Pan Am tournament. Unbelievable at this late date.

The Panamerican organizing committee (based out of Mexico?) should be held responsible. I don't know many Americans, Canadians, Jamaicans, etc willing to travel to a foreign Spanish speaking country without a confirmed ticket in hand.

Other countries have recently announced participation or withdrawl from certain events. A classic example is that several family members of mine from Bolivia have been planning to come to DR to watch long distance races (5000, 10,000 mts and marathon) where Bolivian friends/family will be participating, but until 18 days before the opening they couldn't find the exact dates of the events, let alone the times or purchase tickets.

Caribbean_X

Jul 15, 2003
Supermarket

Thanks Delores!

So after traveling halfway accross the hemisphere the only place to buy tickets is at a SUPERMARKET??

Is there adequate parking to handle this?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Actually, there are seven Supermercado Nacional (located in diverse points of the city) and with parking. Avoid peak hours 6-8 pm. Best time to go is around noon. That is if you buy your tickets before 1 August when they go on sale at the venues themselves.