Public transportation from SD to Constanza?

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Hello,

I'm planning to visit cool Constanza this hot summer. I searched the archives to find a way to get there by public transportation. But there's only directions by car. I also checked the Caribe Tours website. But apparently they don't go there.

Has anybody travelled from La Capital S.D. to Constanza by public transportation? What would be the shortest and safest way?

Also, are there any good hotels in Constanza where I could stay?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Thanks

That's a good idea. I might stay in Jarabacoa first and then take a "guagua" to Constanza from there.

Thank you for the suggestions!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Thanks

CorletoLovesDR said:
That's a good idea. I might stay in Jarabacoa first and then take a "guagua" to Constanza from there.

You may be better off, if you do opt to take a guagua, to take it from Bonao. I do no remember seeing any guaugua through service from Jarabacoa. If things have not changed within the last eight months, the mountain road from Jarabacoa to Constanza, while undergoing some improvement is best traveled by 4x4, not by guagua's. Regards, PJT

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Re: Re: Thanks

PJT said:
You may be better off, if you do opt to take a guagua, to take it from Bonao. I do no remember seeing any guaugua through service from Jarabacoa. If things have not changed within the last eight months, the mountain road from Jarabacoa to Constanza, while undergoing some improvement is best traveled by 4x4, not by guagua's. Regards, PJT

There are several toyota vans that go back and forth between Jarabacoa and Constanza as well as cars, but yes, a 4x4 is a better choice.