"E" Wild On

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
For those of you on the east coast of the US with cable TV, next Tues. 7/08 at 10 PM DST the "E" network show "Wild On" will be about partying in the Dominican Republic! I saw the promo but no info about where it was taped.
John;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have seen it. Nothing to waste video tape recording. They have no idea about partying in the DR, typical plastic TV.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Was it one of those "Hidden" videos about partying aboard yachts that go into Luperon Robert?? I would LOVE to find the dirty on some of those guys!!! Eh Jon, didn't you see them filming you??

Speed Racer

Jul 5, 2003
I saw the Promo too...

I am eager to see what E!'s idea of partying in DR is. I think it will be interesting to watch. Any glimpse I get of DR from here is something for me to look forward to.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
I am unsure...

I am unsure that such a show as E! will be able to portray the DR in the correct way, even from the partying aspect. What is it a video tape of an AI get together in Punta Cana???

Speed Racer

Jul 5, 2003
E! is a channel...

...the show is called "Wild On." They travel through out the world to the "hot" party spots and tape the adventure. Basically, it gives people that have had no exposure to these other parts of the world, a glimpse of the night life. Even though they may not capture what it is really like, I still want to watch and daydream of the day I am there once again. ;)

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Okie Dokie!!

I completely understand.... but I have a better idea.

Stop dreaming...

Get a flight...

and come on down.....

:cool:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm now in Calgary, Canada, but left my VCR set to record it. A while back I saw one where they showed different islands of the caribbean, including the DR. I was so dissappointed when all they showed was some girl skeet shooting in Casa De Campo...and that was supposed to be the "real" Dominican Republic. Can you believe it? I wish the guys from Lonely Planet did a show about the DR. These guys really do get into the real culture of a country.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
FYI,

Most of the places shown on E's "Wild On" pay to have their establishments showcased. All the rest are comped. They never have to book a flight, pay for a hotel room or pay a Dinner/Bar Tab.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I remember Travelers had a show on DR. I was so excited. They spent about 2 minutes in Zona Colonial. Also some time at..can't remember the singers name...but it was at the house where he grew up. A few minutes at the merengue fest.Those parts were the only that for me showed thiis country. The rest was a bike ridiing trip in the country, a fashion show and them singing at some concert. It wasn't too bad but there just wasn't enough.
Someone needs to show the real country.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Any true show about life in the DR can only be shown on the Adam&Eve or Spice channels. Hell it is even too hot for Playboy TV.
Then again Lifetime should make a movie about the DR. They can a call it. "I married a Sankie!"

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Shhhhhhh!

Everybody just shut up. Now! There are enough of us Gringos around, and only a limited supply of Dominican babes. (Yes I know they keep making more). But it is still a finite number! I don't want to share. So KEEP QUIET everybody and hope that E! just goes back featuring Negril, or San Juan, or Jersey ....

:: wink ::

rubio

Apr 28, 2003
www.geocities.com
I was just about to start my own thread on the E! Networks "Wild on...Dominican Republic" program!! Good thing, I decided to check the other forums just to make sure the topic was already covered.

It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to watch, I saw the preview too.

Here's the link for anyone interested:

http://www.eonline.com/On/Wild/Guides/DominicanRepublic/index.html

The site has a lot of good, brief info for anyone that is new to the D.R. and/or hasn't been there before.

Rubio:beard:

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
I just got home from work and watched "Wild On". I tivoed it this evening, not the best show I ever watched, but not a total waste of time either. I imagine Hilton paid a few pecos for the show as the entire hour was taped at the Hamaca and Canona both "Coral by Hilton" properties. I personally like the Marien the best of the four Coral properties and I think it is more photogenic than the Hamaca in Boca Chica. Far too much of the show was shot on the inside of clubs instead of outside where the true beauty of the country (except Chicas) could be shown.
John

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Tony C.................

Tony C said:
Any true show about life in the DR can only be shown on the Adam&Eve or Spice channels. Hell it is even too hot for Playboy TV.
Then again Lifetime should make a movie about the DR. They can a call it. "I married a Sankie!"

How about the WE network. It could be a mini-series.

Then the Spice channel could do the sequels.

JD

Last edited:

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Thought it was the most lame of the Wild On shows I've seen.That girl was no Brooke, and the people seemed more interested in staring at the camera than having fun. Not a very well done piece, but at least the DR got some exposure.