Happy 4th of July!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To all our friends from the United States living in the Dominican Republic!May God bless you,and may God bless the United States of America!

There you go,2 birds with one stone! #1.Dominican Related.

#2."Pissed Off" 96% of the people in the World who are not "Americans"!

There,my work is done for the day!!!!!!!!!

Cris"Yankee Doodle Dandy" Colon:cool:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Have a happy 4th. Don't know why you would think that would upset the rest of us. We think we are already blessed. Is there a big get together in the DR by the US Embassy.

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Happy 4th everyone!

And as we celebrate our wonderful country lets hope the best for the DR, as we do love the place warts and all.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
yes.....happy 4th of july to you all.
...that is.....until her sovereign majesty queen elizabeth II resumes monarchial duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories.......
.................. except utah, which she does not fancy.

....the rebel colonies may continue to celebrate this as a public holiday until the brits officially decide to ban it.
(that should please the 96% of us that were pissed off at the start of this thread).

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
A happy Four to you too, Don Crisco! a special man, a special day!

One of these years I hope we will all (DR1er Americans and the the 4% good ol'U.S.A. friends) get together on July 4th and celebrate together. BBQ and lots of Brewskies, and evrything else that goes with being truely independent! The beauty of America! We can even have a prayer for our beloved DR

God bless the stars and the stripes

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
No fireworks here in Las Galeras but it's been a glorious day anyway. Lets all hope the DR can find her way out of the mess she's in and then her people can also celebrate freedom as us yanks do.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
bochinche said:
yes.....happy 4th of july to you all.
...that is.....until her sovereign majesty queen elizabeth II resumes monarchial duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories.......
.................. except utah, which she does not fancy.

....the rebel colonies may continue to celebrate this as a public holiday until the brits officially decide to ban it.
(that should please the 96% of us that were pissed off at the start of this thread).

And next time you register multiple handles (robert1) I'll have pleasure in sending you to trators gate....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
D.D. said:
A happy Four to you too, Don Crisco! a special man, a special day!

One of these years I hope we will all (DR1er Americans and the the 4% good ol'U.S.A. friends) get together on July 4th and celebrate together. BBQ and lots of Brewskies, and evrything else that goes with being truely independent! The beauty of America! We can even have a prayer for our beloved DR

God bless the stars and the stripes

We can do it at your place D.D, we should fit? Also you shouldn't notice much difference, most of us are vegtables anyway :)

What about my 4 legged friends?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
One of the best 4th of July experiences happened when I lived in Santo Domingo.
I won't go into all of the details but I will say that the evening ended at about 5 Am with the Malecon blocked off and the PN being called out.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
My DEAR Yankee, CC...

Me and mine had a fabulous fourth down on the water in a port city in Maine. Lunch was lobster, supper included fresh strawberry pie. We rounded out the night at a local bar--where there was a stuffed squirrel with his middle finger extended. Ah, it's good to be home! May I add that they had Pabst Blue Ribbon on tap and it made my dollar go further!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
MaineGirl, is it this month that you have summer in Maine or is it next month?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
hardy-har-har...

It's been sweltering by Maine standards. End of June was the heat wave--upper nineties for four days. Today at 7 am it was 80 degrees! The thing about July is that things don't cool down as much at night! August is the sweet part of summer--blue skies, warm days, and cool nights!

There's no doubt about it--July, August, and September here are absolutely divine.

Come October I will be looking on-line for tickets south!

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
Rob,

July 4 DR1 get together at my place sounds cool. What a great idea! I am all for it. Being that I am here out in the boonies, do you think there would be any takers?

About them four legged friends, the Gobernadora will be back from Europe this week and I think we can go visit them in a couple of weeks.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Damn it I did nothing for the 4th........Virginia Beach was too crowded during the fireworks show so I didn't go. I was supposed to go to Washington DC but the "logistics" weren't worked out on time by the people who proposed the trip. I hear that the DC fireworks show is the most beautiful in the country. Besides it would've been nice to have another DR1 reunion but Keith is in DR partying the days away and he's the most outspoken of the DC crew and he did the last one so he would've known what to do.....oh well

Whadda ya say for a DC DR1 get-together.......the next 4th of July:D ;) :p ??????? I'll definitely still be living here by then and it sounds good to me.......oh yeah, us DR1 posters, after living or being exposed to the DR's air don't plan that far ahead ;)

Keith when are you coming back to the States? By the way happy belated 4th of July to all. Freedom to enjoy that day shouldn't be taken for granted, thats why I enlisted...........