Flight Report: LanDominicana

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Well, it's time to post a report about one of the most recent airline to serve the Dominican market: LanDominicana. I flew today from Miami to Santo Domingo, and the experiences are described below.

I arrived at about 1:40 p.m to Miami International Airport terminal A where all of the Lan Group flights are scheduled to depart. I did the check in on the Business Class counter. Agent was very friendly and processed my reservation and issued my boarding pass with seats assignment. I was given a pass to the Lanchile VIP lounge which was located in the British Airways Terraces on the 4th floor in the Concourse A. The lounge had complimentary drinks and snacks, very comfortable area with a nice view of the northern runways at MIA.

Thirty minutes before departure I headed to gate 25, where the flight was scheduled to depart from. People boarded by zones which were Zone 1, 2 and 3. My seat was 29L which is a window seat. I boarded along with Zone 2. Seats are a little cramped if you are tall or with a few extra pounds. Pillows and blankets were on each seat. Each seat has a footrest.

Departure was on time, each seat had their own Personal Display Screen. Safety announcements were delivered through these mini tvs. Departure was to the east, and soon afterward, the tv's were operational, you could select your movie on demand, which featured movies such as How to lose a guy in 10 days, two weeks notice, the haunted, etc (I heard these movies are currently on the movies theater in the DR.) The tv's also has digital music from Ricardo Arjona, Juanes and Cristian which you could listen at anytime you wanted. Also it had games such as blackjack, tetris and the usual.

Children were served dinner first ( a good decision to keep them calm). Snacks were provided in a tray which included a half tuna sandwich, a chocolate cake and some fruits. Drinks were also served after the snacks. The tv's also displayed airshow, which gives you the accurate position of the airplane at any given time. After the snack, the duty free service started with a broad display of items. Flight was very smooth until approach where we encounter a little turbulence and landing was uneventful. Deplaning was quick, and baggage was out as soon as we arrived to customs.

Overall, I was very impressed with the service. I bought the ticket last night and cost me only 275 dollars (tax included). Very cheap for a last minute trip. The aircraft is configured First, Business and Coach but I think only Business and Coach are sold. Flight was about 60 percent full, which is very good comparing that they only have less than a month flying. I would strongly recommend flying them, and I look forward to flying them again on my return trip.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
right, Lan Chile is one of the greatest carriers in the worls, so this is what we have to expect from them.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Return Flight...

The return flight was different. It didn't have the individual tv's as the outbound flight. Was later told that 90 percent of the 767's have the personal tv's but this aircraft didn't. Complimentary headphones and a good audio selection was provided. Aircraft departed 20 minutes late due to late inbound arrival. 124 passengers onboard (since I was the last person to check in for the flight).