I respect Father Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabkoss

Jul 6, 2003
I Dont know much about Father Cruz I read that he is a radical and I already like him . we have to effectuate a great change in DR one way or the other. for now I SAID . VAMO A RESOLVEEEEEE

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Glad you brought this up

While Father Rogelio Cruz has a good social agenda with the children in Cristo Rey, he has deviated greatly from this extremely important activity in his parish to get involved in other areas that have to do more with his "ego" and "self-promotional" values.

His ego is so big, he has taken on Cardinal Lopez Rodriguez, a potential candidate for Pope and the most respected person in DR, who happens to be the chief of the church. Father Rogelio acts like a clown, wears no official attire, makes ridiculous statements very often and is only second to Hipolito Mejia(aka Hippo and El Burro) as the most idiotic characters in our society today.

His recent bout with a policeman, where he hit the man with a huge rock placed in his hippie sack shows a man with an instinct for violence, contrary to his church*s values. He is a big mouth who would insult anybody he does not like using foul language. He has tried to extend his power by opening centers in other far away towns and is spreading himself thin. This clearly shows the man cannot concentrate in one area and do a good job.

Father Rogelio has also a lot to answer for his political contacts. He was even recently partial to a political party and attacked another party specifically. He has lots of political friends who give him money for his activities. He gets involved in political and social protests too much, instead of concentrating on one or two specific issues.

His involvement with kidnapping negotiations is just a publicity stunt. Unfortunately, our police is so inefficient in these cases that it makes Cruz look like a genius, but in reality, the kidnappers are just using him and his ego trip to get money. Even if he saves the recent kidnapped kids, his effort will only encourage more kidnappings and more use of Rogelio, because it will be come a profitable business.

I am also concerned that Cruz may end up eventually in a major scandal. I do not trust him at all. He is at best of suspicious orientations...if you know what I mean. I would not place one of my children in his church. He had a recent activity where teenage dancers were shaking their booties with a scanty amount of clothing.

MORMON UPDATE: While having nothing to do with Rogelio, I just thought I brought you this premiere flash. While the Mormons were marching Saturday at the Malecon agaisnt family violence, they also inaugurated a multimillion parking lot renovation at their Herrera branch, where the entire green area was paved in airport quality concrete, with a basketball court and added parking spaces. This luxury contrasts with the mud, no sidewalk and pot hole infested area around the church. Rather than perhaps spending this money fixing that part of the street, which is exclusively around the church property, they decided to work inside on a useless project. They reinforced their chain fence, closed one entrance and have not made available the facilities to the kids in the community. They also discarded the construction leftovers in the streets. I estimate the value of the repairs around $3,000,000. They could have done the same project and paved the streets with the same amount if they had not used the incredible quality of work inside. Besides, they replace green areas and tress with concrete. They went as far as placing tube metal divisions for bikes. The community looks at these Mormons as selfish, CIA spies and they have not endeared themselves to Dominican people in general with their monumental projects. I challenge the Mormon apologists to debate me on this.

TW

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
but in reality, the kidnappers are just using him and his ego trip to get money. Even if he saves the recent kidnapped kids, his effort will only encourage more kidnappings and more use of Rogelio, because it will be come a profitable business.--Golo

Interesting point. Thanks Golo for another interesting and informative post.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.