Aeromar is in trouble.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Aeromar's financial situation is beyond horrible, they've cut Flight Attendants salary (50%), airline is in crisis.

To be able to sell their tickets they had to lower their fares and now they are flying but don't make any money.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That might be true. But can you back it up with hard facts and a source? Right now your post is worthless...

M

Meng

Sources...

Please state your sources.

Lemme see if I get this right.... A company offers a great price on a one way fare.... and they are in trouble??

Last I understood, their flights have been full or almost full for the past couple of weeks...

Tell me you have sources to back this up...

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
I think this forum needs something.

You should create an icon for those who post messages, a small bible and statement:

Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And a huge botton with phrase :

I DO!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thanks for clarifying the validity of your post. When you make those type of allegations, you better back it up with a source otherwise you just look stupid.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
I don't think that they're questioning your integrity but if you want your post to be trustworthy instead of a mere rumor a source can help.
I strongly agree with you in regards to Aeromar financials but I have not heard anything about the flight attendant?s salary.
One thing that has made me wonder about their financials is that this past week their plane was not allowed to leave JFK until a payment was wired to the terminal (Aprox. US 1mm) and that was almost 18 hours later, all the passengers had to be placed in a hotel and over half of them were left behind the following day. I understand that this could?ve been an honest mistake but it is the second time the exact same thing has happened, the terminal is holding the passengers hostage due to non-payment. If this is not a sign of an airline struggling then what is?

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Well.

Aeromar's flight attendant informed me that their salary was cut from 12 500 to 6 000 pesos. They hired new people to pay less,

do you need cedula #, address and phone number of this person?

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Aeromar must pay like 54 millions DOP to DGII, Aeronautica did not revoke their certificate just because at this moment this is the only one big carrier here, so BQ is black mailing them, they threaten Aeronautica to make a huge scandal and to accuse them that Aeronautica is bought by AA, so this is why they tolerate this situation.

Soon when VIVA and LAN will grow, Aeromar will lose this priority.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
that message was for Robert. Especially for him I would like to dedicate this message, please learn the meaning of word "allegation"

Allegation: unproved assertion: an assertion, especially relating to wrongdoing or misconduct on somebody?s part, that has yet to be proved or supported by evidence.

I still think that my message was informational, nit allegation as you stated.

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
It would be helpful to know where the info comes from as some of us base our purchases on the info on DR1.

I checked the Aeromar website on the info you gave on their special from Miami to Santo Domingo. I plan to call the 800 number on Monday to get more specifics before I purchase a ticket. My funds are VERY limited and I need to make sure the tickets I purchase will be good for my travel dates. If all goes well, this might save me some bucks for next summer, if the rates are good until 2004.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
If you are on a tight budget than you have to use LAN CHILE, their fare MIA SDQ MIA is 168 USD + taxes. 274 USD with all taxes. They provide the greatest service, the newst 767-300, 100% ontime performance and satisfaction guranteed.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Papito_Chulo

I have said it before and I will say it again...

when you make certain comments, it helps to post your source. It gives your statements validity.

It's very simple, we all post facts and opinions on this forum.

In the past, there has been a habit of people posting things and making it seem as if their info was obtained from the 8 o'clock news when in fact they were just stating opinions.

To keep things simple, when you make a comment like the one above, it would help if you post your source.

You seem like an intelligent guy and I know you would want the same.

;)

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Now what's the point is p-ssing off the guy who runs DR1? Robert is nice enough to give us a free forum to share thoughts on the airline industry in the DR.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Papito_Chulo said:
If you are on a tight budget than you have to use LAN CHILE, their fare MIA SDQ MIA is 168 USD + taxes. 274 USD with all taxes. They provide the greatest service, the newst 767-300, 100% ontime performance and satisfaction guranteed.

Probably true. But I think he's getting a kickback from LAN CHILE whatever that is. Now THAT sounds like a deal. Do you have to provide your own belts to be strapped to the wing or does that come included with the ticket price? :: wink ::