*** Chat Room ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have had a number of people ask me to post the chat logs as they sometimes miss the chat and would like to stay informed.

I'm thinking of posting it daily, plus the last 2 weeks.

What do you think?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
By Chat logs do you mean what is said in the chat rooms?

If so I suggest you don't. The chat room allows free expression between the people in the room. By posting it here it could/will suppress it.

The chat room is th only place where DR1 can tell people what they really think.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Reminds me of "left-over" Pizza!

"Who wants any?I can understand when one is "Live" and "going with the flow",but reading peoples "stale" conversations seems a little "DRY" to me! Sounds like a lot of "Band Width" and "trouble" so satisfy the wishes of very few people......Cris Colon

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
I ain't one to chat, but it would be cool to see who ELSE has been impersonating Indie and I. Never mind, we already know.

BUSTED, Newyorkino.

-Jose?to

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
post chat logs?

Robert, I know this is your board and we are just visitors but why would you want to post a discussion between a few people for anyone who logs onto DR1 to see? Imaging taking a phone conversation between 2 people and broadcasting it over the radio for whoever tunes in to listen. I know DR1 has access to the chat logs but in my opinion, whoever is in the chat room at a particular time is having a private discussion amongst themselves.
Larry

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
No way rob. I am one of the folks who love to talk about people behind their backs. If you expose our real colors you will stir up a hornet's nest.
Now stop acting like an old lady and let the boys have their fun. If no one knows what we say behind their backs, I guess it really doesn't hurt anyone.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tony C said:
By Chat logs do you mean what is said in the chat rooms?

If so I suggest you don't. The chat room allows free expression between the people in the room. By posting it here it could/will suppress it.

I don't go to the dr1 chat room, but I agree with Tony C that publishing the logs would be a mistake and would probably give the kiss of death to the chat room.

If you do decide to publish the logs, it would be a grave injustice to go back in time. Publishing logs of chats that people know will be made public is one thing; publishing logs of chats that participants thought were private is quite another. It would be like wire tapping without authorization.

Last edited:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Ew, when I think of all the ridiculous comments I've made in chat!

Anyway, I thought it was like Fight Club, with Rule #1 being, don't talk about chat group, and Rule #2 being, don't talk about chat group.

Did I mention you shouldn't talk about chat group? Don't do it!

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Publish them. After all, aren't these chat regulars the "smart ones"? They are objective, respected, well-informed, caring, ejumacated and wealthy. So, go ahead, publish the logs.

It's not gonna happen, but you did scare a lot of people, Robert. Now we know who chats away, AOL teenager-style.

I could see it now:

Chatter # 1: "I can't stand golo. Although I agree with him on the boards, but...."

Chatter # 2: "I agree with him, too, but I wish he would get banned."

Chatter # 3: "I don't know why they put up with Dominicans...them losers."

Chatter # 1: "What # 3 said."

Chatter # 2: "Ditto."

Tico

May 29, 2003
Please do not post the logs. These conversations are expressed without inhibitions. They don?t necessarily center on any given theme of the day and they are mostly b/s and after we?re done, they?re mostly forgotten.

If you can?t be there to participate, then try to come back another day.

If you post them, some people will not feel inclined to participate in the chat sessions as freely as we do now.

Thanks.
Anny

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I know Robert is simply trying to scare off the people into chatting decently but if you must post them for some strange reason then please give us 2 week time frame to let us clean up our acts. This way when you will post the 2 week archive chats it will be 100% consistant with the mickey mouse fan club chats.

P.S. we all love golo.
golo for 2004. "Golo Golo carido, el pueblo esta contigo".
Paid for by: golo 2004 election campaign.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert I don't think that's a good idea. There are times in chat that only few people show up and we talk about personal things. There was a night that we had a handful of people there whom
I consider my friends and we talked about past relationships including my own. I was feeling low that night and everyone was very supportive and we boohooed together and they gave be great comfort. I know you read the logs but if I wanted the whole message board to know what I have done in my past then I would be posting it in public (boring) instead of thinking I was sharing with my friends.
My two cents.

Thank you.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
There is one good point for posting the chat.

We will now all get to read the cyber-sex that AZB and Pib are having together. Who would have know that love would have blossomed between those 2!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
AZB said:
I know Robert is simply trying to scare off the people into chatting decently but if you must post them for some strange reason then please give us 2 week time frame to let us clean up our acts.

AZB hit the nail on the head :)
I don't think I need to say anything else.

Jose?to, your starting to sound like a scratched record.... :tired:

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
I know you hate THE FACT that I'm way smarter than you, Robert.

Okay, you win, Robert. You ARE smarter.

-Jose?to

If that was true, that would put me at about "cabbage" level...

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
lets clear things up.

tonyc is just trying to stir up trouble. It was a cat fight between me and the PIB. It was all on a non-sense subject; between 2 people who had alot of time at hand. No sexual content was ever mentioned.
Damn, now I am really against this idea of posting past chat logs. If you do that, my reputation will be ruined. Amber's friend raysa will reject me and my heart will be broken.
You see, when my true colors will be exibited in the open, I will become a prime target of criticism from all my fans and foes. I must tell you, I can dish it out, but I can't take it in.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Joseito

Hey Joseito, wanna see the chat logs? Maybe Robert can dig this one up. Its a conversation in chat from about a week ago as I remember it (this is true):

Chatter #1 : What the hell is a pariguayo (I think thats how you spell it)

Chatter # 2 : a buffoon, why?

Chatter # 3 : yeah an imbicile

Chatter # 1 : ohhh, haha. Joseito always signs his name Joseito (pariguayo) and I never knew what it meant.

Chatter #2: lol. Well the guy is a moron so now you see why.

Chatter #1 : yeah he is..haha

Chatter #2 : hahahahaha

Chatter # 3 : hahahahahaha

Larry

Last edited:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Larry...

you are too much..lol

btw, aviastar and samana are still waiting for the toy planes you promised them...haha

RObert,

as far as the chat log.... it has it pros and cons

untimately it's your call boss!

;)

Last edited:

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Go back Rob!!

Why would you even consider this request man??? You complain like an old lady when we guys go at each other and you want to create a situation where there will me more blood shed.

Hehehehe cool buddy...see you on the 18th.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.