room near the horses

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
Wanted; a room to rent, near the horses

Ok, now we have good directions, how about a place to stay... Thanks BTW.
Near the horse site, or maybe where packers and mountainclimbers usually leave from???

I am looking for a Budget room. Aug 5, maybe 5-10. As near as possible. I'm not picky. I can do without. Without; air-conditioning and share a bathroom etc. etc. etc... I have enough Spanish to pay my rent, and I have somewhere else to leave my stuff durring the day. I can sleep in a hamock. I am quiet, but don't need quiet. I like dominos and I smile a lot.

The question is, can I get a rrom, can i get a room anywhere near I need to be? I have good references :bunny:
Thanks, k

Last edited:

Jim_Canada

May 27, 2003
DEET

A doctor told me to get DEET of 30-35%, but I can't find anything above 23.5%. Any hlp you can give me to buy in Canada would be appreciated.

Jim

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you are looking for something cheap in the area, suggest you come on down early and walk the small towns that surround the complex. I would be patient and walk through the barrios. These people are poor but my opinion would be that the barrios are safe and the people would be happy to adopt you and rent you out a place. You have to look hard to find one of the better places, but probably the people would move out for the time you needed the room.

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
DEET

Camping stores were best and the Army surplus store had it but did not know about it. Both carry DEET 35% and 100%. The strong stuff upsets some stomachs. There is one brand made for horses. I don't remember the name. It is in my tackbox somewhere.

guy_daoust

Jul 14, 2003
Hello Kay!

I hope you found what you were looking for.
My name is Guy D'Aoust. I'm a french canadian tv-reporter (Radio-Canada Television- Montreal)and I'll be working in Santo Domingo for the Pan-Am games.
I don't know where you are from, but I think your story is a good one.
Obviously, you're not looking for a luxury suite and you really must love horses to get involved in that kind of search.
Well. If you have a minute to tell me how your investigation for a place to live is going, I would appreciate.
I would also like to meet you with a camera crew during the games or just before the games.
If you agree, of course.

I hope you will answer this letter.

Take care
Guy D'Aoust

PS: I'm french, so don't be too tough on my english writing, please!
PS II: You can join me at guy_daoust@radio-canada.ca or at guylmet@hotmail.com

LynnCox

Feb 18, 2002
Kay...what will you be doing at the equestrian site? All of the volunteers are from the DR. So I am a bit confused. I would love to give you some info & help. There is NO hotel that is safe or near the site. This area is not a very good area. I did see a hotel on Duarte the other day, but not sure if it is even operable. Please give me mre info and I'll see if I can give you more info. OK?