studio/aparment in cabarete with internet?

claudius_2k

Apr 10, 2003
hi, i'm lookin for a cheap aparment or studio in cabarete zone with internet access, dsl would be better but dial-up is fine too.

Im planning to stay some months there working through the internet, in the forum I saw several apartments but without internet access

thanks in advance
claudius

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Access with dialup is available anywhere there is a telephone. However, if not presently set up for connecting to the internet, then this would have to be requested from CODETEL, the telephone company.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Cabarete Surf Camp has internet access. I think Hotel Kaoba does as well. You might also want to check with Bahia de Arena villas for their studios.

good luck!

Marina
Kitexcite/Cabarete

claudius_2k

Apr 10, 2003
thanks for the responses, I was at surf camp last year but the internet access was really bad, usually it was down a lot of hours/ day, so I cannot reccomend it to any friend :)

anway I would prefer an apartment not an hotel.

cheap I mean... well about 300-600 depeding on location and facilities

It seems difficult to get it with internet so I will look for another solution,

claudius

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
You might try the real-estate agents in the area. Some have apartments and villas for rent specifically with internet access. May be too far away for you but try froka@codetel.net.do and send an e-mail to Klaus or Tina. Last time I was in their office they had one or two nice apartments, very inexpensive with a dialup account all ready to go. In Cabarete there is a French real-estate company whose name escapes me at the moment. Anyone care to help me out with their e-mail? Chris?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Their name is La Agence - nice people and willing to help. In Cabarete check out Orilla del Mar. I know they have internet access - Apartments for I think around the 280 mark. I don't believe their internet access of of the best quality. Most visitors use the internet cafes - they usually have some kind of broadband and they are really not expensive. For a period of time, you can try and make a deal with one of them for a specific length of connectivity per day for a better price. We did this when we first came to Cabarete and it worked out well.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Surf Camp internet is now very reliable. Perhaps you were there when the system was just installed or at a time when Codetel was having a lot of problems? You don't have to stay at the camp. You can stay in a studio or 1 bedroom apt. I have several clients who stay there only because of the internet and affordability, so they can work a bit and stay and kite longer:)