Just Curius

FRANKY R

Jul 11, 2003
HILL, I jus wonder, how you being " GRINGO " and all know so much about the D.r. and Balaguer and what not.

please explain.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Is that a trick question?

1) 41 years of experience
2) 3 Graduate degrees in everything from linguistics to Tropical Agriculture--hehehe
3) Actually being here for 41 years teaches you a lot.
4) I read 5 newspapers and three or four foreign papers a day-almost everyday...
5) I listen to the "Man in the Street" What they say at the coffee shop, the gas station, the cigar factory, the golf course, the funeral home and the weddings.. etcetc.

6) And, since I am so modest, yet truthful, I am very intelligent.

>Is that okey with you??

HB

Edited to add: Again, in all modesty, I am fluent in the language, and I have some fantastically interesting and intelligent friends in all walks of life, and I listen more than I talk...except when I have two drinks too many and then I babble....

Last edited:

FRANKY R

Jul 11, 2003
Fair enough.

and if I have offended you in any way, that was never my intention. acept my apology.

is just that i'm not use to foreigners knowing more than they should about what a long time ago used to be my country.

frank

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
FRANKY R said:
Fair enough.

and if I have offended you in any way, that was never my intention. acept my apology.

is just that i'm not use to foreigners knowing more than they should about what a long time ago use to be my country.
frank

Franky<

True Story:

When I was studying at La UNPHU I took a class on Dominican History. A Little over 1/2 of the Class comprised Dominican. The rest were Americans, Cubans From Miami and a few puerto Ricans.

The Americans, Cubans and Puerto Ricans got A's and B's in the class. Only 1 Dominican got a A. 2 Got B's and the rest got C's, D's and more than a handlful Flunked what i considered a easy class to get an A.

I think their is a lesson in this story somewhere

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Franky

Hell no, you didn't offend at all.

Like the great Erasmus once said: "I snap my fingers at the wise who tell me it is ill-mannered and imprudent to praise oneself. That may be; but if so, they must own that it becomes me all the better. What could be more fitting then that Folly should blow her own trumpet? No, I always say if you want a thing well done, do it yourself."

HB

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Good question Franky, but it's just because HB is one of those guys that just knows everything that you could ever need to find out because he's just one of those people. He's cool like that. Maybe if you're lucky one day you will get to meet him.

Who else would quote Erasmus on DR1? Me encanta! :cool:

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Hillbilly locuta est. Causa finita est.

Franky, Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris. And if Hippo wins again you may be still ...

;)

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
hola hillbilly

"What could be more fitting then that Folly should blow her own trumpet?"

I didn't know Erasmus von Rotterdam could write in english. ;-)
x.