New Candidate For President In 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenMindUSA

"They uh, was givin' me, 10,000 watts a day, you,
Jul 2, 2003
WHAT IF THERE IS A NEW CANDIDATE THAT IS NEW TO THE POLITICAL ARENA IN DR THAT: OWES NO ONE A FAVOR, STANDS FOR DEMOCRACY, HUMAN RIGHTS, BETTER EDUCATION, STOP GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION - OVER EXPENDITURE, CRIME, REDUCE UNEMPLOYNMENT, POVERTY, AND GIVE A BETTER LIFE TO THE PEOPLE- AT LEAST A FAIR CHANCE.

WILL YOU VOTE FOR SUCH A PERSON IN 2004

HONEST & SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
First of all, there is no need to shout. All caps messages aren't received well on dr1.

Is this a hypothetical question or do you have a candidate in mind that meets all those qualifications? And if there is such a person who is seriously interested in becoming president of the DR in 2004, does he or she have the necessary financing, name recognition and public respect to give him or her a serious chance of pulling enough voters away from their parties to have at least an even chance of being elected?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
OpenMindUSA said:
WHAT IF THERE IS A NEW CANDIDATE THAT IS NEW TO THE POLITICAL ARENA IN DR THAT: OWES NO ONE A FAVOR, STANDS FOR DEMOCRACY, HUMAN RIGHTS, BETTER EDUCATION, STOP GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION - OVER EXPENDITURE, CRIME, REDUCE UNEMPLOYNMENT, POVERTY, AND GIVE A BETTER LIFE TO THE PEOPLE- AT LEAST A FAIR CHANCE.

WILL YOU VOTE FOR SUCH A PERSON IN 2004

HONEST & SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY

Lets say their is such a person.

How do they intend to do what you say he/She will do? How will they reduve unemployment? How wil they reduce poverty? How will they reduce crime? Give me some concrete substance!

Chavez said he would do all of the Above!

Now about "OWES NO ONE A FAVOR"! I know of nobody that Owes no one a favor! If this person exists how do you expect them to get elected? Politics is about favors.

OpenMindUSA

Jul 2, 2003
Ken said:
First of all, there is no need to shout. All caps messages aren't received well on dr1.

Is this a hypothetical question or do you have a candidate in mind that meets all those qualifications? And if there is such a person who is seriously interested in becoming president of the DR in 2004, does he or she have the necessary financing, name recognition and public respect to give him or her a serious chance of pulling enough voters away from their parties to have at least an even chance of being elected?

Sorry for the all caps. I'm not shouting just wanted to use it for better reading and clarity.

All the above is real. Would you vote for this candidate.

OpenMindUSA

Jul 2, 2003
Re: Re: New Candidate For President In 2004

Tony C said:
Lets say their is such a person.

How do they intend to do what you say he/She will do? How will they reduve unemployment? How wil they reduce poverty? How will they reduce crime? Give me some concrete substance!

Chavez said he would do all of the Above!

Now about "OWES NO ONE A FAVOR"! I know of nobody that Owes no one a favor! If this person exists how do you expect them to get elected? Politics is about favors.

If I tell you all that you asked, then you could run for office yourself and the competition will know all I know.
True, politics is a game of favors but I owe no one anything in RD.

The question remains, would you vote for this candidate?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What a candidate says and what they do are two completely different things.

Your post looks like a campaign speech of just about every presidential candidate I have heard.

Tell us how this candidate intends to implement and actually make these miracle changes happen.

Until then, they are just empty words backed by no substance.
Saying that, he /she would most probably do very well in DR politics:)

I assume this is someone already well known in the DR? If not and it's another wanna be "Dominican York", then they are better off saving the plane fair.

Sorry if I appear to be coming across a little skeptical, but right now your post is just taking up bandwidth.

Give us something we can actually debate and we will give you a debate....

Last edited:

OpenMindUSA

Jul 2, 2003
Robert said:
What a candidate says and what they do are two completely different things.

Your post looks like a campaign speech of just about every presidential candidate I have heard.

Tell us how this candidate intends to implement and actually make these miracle changes happen.

Until then, they are just empty words backed by no substance.
Saying that, he /she would most probably do very well in DR politics:)

I assume this is someone already well known in the DR? If not and it's another wanna be "Dominican York", then they are better off saving the plane fair.

Sorry if I appear to be coming across a little skeptical, but right now your post is just taking up bandwidth.

Give us something we can actually debate and we will give you a debate....

Robert.
Think this out. What presidential candidate in RD have backed up anything they have promissed to do before being elected into office? For that matter, where in the world? and you know as well as I know that untill you are in office and see thing the way things are from the inside is when you know really what you can realy do...really do. There is no school for presidential candidate and you know that the incombent will not help out and tell all as is! So all you can do is study the condition of the situation and make an educated guess.
One question: If all promissed not delivered, why not have an impeachment procedure(s)?

The question stands: will you vote for this person?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
As long as this looks like somebody's idea of how to pass the time on a Sunday afternoon, you aren't going to get any interest in your thread. And your response to Robert and Tony C certainly did nothing to help your credibility.

If you want to start a discussion, find something of substance, not full of air.

OpenMindUSA

Jul 2, 2003
Ken said:
As long as this looks like somebody's idea of how to pass the time on a Sunday afternoon, you aren't going to get any interest in your thread. And your response to Robert and Tony C certainly did nothing to help your credibility.

If you want to start a discussion, find something of substance, not full of air.

In my book, you have the right to your opinion even if I do not aggree with it, I would join you to defend the right to say it, as said by a great person.

As to your response.......just re-read the above.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
open mind...

Hey I Commend you on being OPEN MINDED..But these guys want REAL Situations to speak of and they have the guns to go to it with you hard...so watch out! :) Pam

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Or...

In 1996 a Danish comedian named Jacob Haugaard ran for a seat in parliament, promising "better weather, better Christmas presents, guaranteed tail winds for all cyclists, standard-size dust bags in vacuum cleaners, shorter lines, and the right of men to be impotent." On election night, he got the shock of his life.....he won. This made him the first independent member of parliament in Danish history.

His desperate election-night comment to reporters: "It was all a practical joke, honestly."
Now, that's a man I would vote for. :)

http://www.internationalreports.net/europe/denmark/2002/thepeoples.html

Last edited:

OpenMindUSA

Jul 2, 2003
Re: open mind...

goatfarmnga said:
Hey I Commend you on being OPEN MINDED..But these guys want REAL Situations to speak of and they have the guns to go to it with you hard...so watch out! :) Pam

Pam thanks for the "heads-up" but I got big guns myself,

" Been there, done that."

This is not the place to present a detailed political platform. In due time.....all will become crlear.

I just want my question answered and whatever replies anyone might have. As long as it is honest and serious.

Perhaps the question and or concept is too controversial and or
complicated?

Perhaps they are all still starering at the shadows on the wall.

In due course......all will become clear, perhaps......??????????.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
LMAOOOO

I know this should be a serious thread and I was so trying to maintain my composure until Pib piped in! Then I could not control it anymore!

The truth is that we all have ways that we think this country (and every country for that matter) can be improved.

I think all of us are for all of the things that you have stated and yes we would all vote for such a person, but everyone is also skeptical and curious as to how this is to be achieved??? Without answering that question nobody is going to answer yours.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
from your repeated question of "would you vote for such a person", MY answer is a resounding NO!
You haven't said anything substantial with relation to the problems endemic to the DR. What you HAVE said is merely a repeat of the verbage used by other politicians and is meaningless, prima facia. If you can come up with some substanciation of your platform allegations, then perhaps people will listen to you; otherwise you're yodelling up the wrong canyon, partner.
One thing you need to understand is that the people who are regulars on this forum are very astute and insightful as to the verbage being used by the debaters. They are not the run-of-the-mill average citizen and you insult their intelligence by insisting on an answer to a moot question.
Just a word to the wise.
If you truly want to debate/discuss the questions posed, outline the platform, state the solutions and go from there.
Texas Bill

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
As hypothetical candidates go Haugaard is as good as anyone.

A question: Is your hypothetical candidate the same hypothetical candidate that is related by blood to Trujillo?

And another question: WHAT is this hypothetical candidate going to do and HOW will he achieve it?

And I insist. If I had to choose between a comedian and a hypothetical candidate that has no platform nor plan I'd go for the comedian. That is a step up from the clown we now have.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: Re: open mind...

OpenMindUSA said:
I just want my question answered and whatever replies anyone might have. As long as it is honest and serious.

You are getting honest and serious replies, your just not listening.
Are you sure your not going to run yourself?

Perhaps the question and or concept is too controversial and or complicated? Perhaps they are all still starering at the shadows on the wall.

Give me a break!
The problem is your question and concepts are 5th grade level.
We are adults (well some of us) that have been around the block a few times.

Until you listen to what's being said and adjust your responses accordingly, then you are going to get 5th grade level replies.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the "Clown Bin"?

OpenMindUSA, I'm sure your eventually work out what's going on here....

Last edited:

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
I agree

If you look back at the history there seems to be one fault after another. It seems like the Dominican Republic has just had a run of people looking out for themselves (Hipolito) and not the good of its country. It seems like Juan Pablo Duarte was the only true leader....

Then you have Trujillo... which is a soap opera in and of itself.... attempted assasinations, OAS Sanctions... etc etc

Then Joaquim Balaguer for who the most part seemed to be a very good president, I am sure with faults.

Bonnelly.... wasn't he in charge for a very short while after Balaguers resignation???

Bosch.... overthrown if I remember correctly... although I do not remember why...

Then in 1966 another Balaguer came into office I believe? He was part of a reformist party I think. He stayed in term a very long time and I believe was considered a very good president...

Then I think Guzman came into power... peacefully from what I read (keep in mind it has been a long time since my class on the DR)

Blanco came into office in 82 I think with some good ideas to try to revive the dying economy... however didn't something happen that resulted in riots?

Balguer came back... resulted in a depression and a nationwide strike

Reyna came in

and the Hipolito...

and here we are today...

So what are you going to do, different then all those people???? with different results?? You promising, no riots, strikes, lack of utilities, price increase, assassins etc???
And if you are HOW???

It seems like the only time that the DR was doing well was in 1990 after the IMF agreement.

(Please keep in mind any and all of these things may be wrong and feel free to correct... this is all from my memory of my freshman economics class where we studied the DR)

OpenMindUSA

Jul 2, 2003
Re: LMAOOOO

GirlieGirl said:
I know this should be a serious thread and I was so trying to maintain my composure until Pib piped in! Then I could not control it anymore!

The truth is that we all have ways that we think this country (and every country for that matter) can be improved.

I think all of us are for all of the things that you have stated and yes we would all vote for such a person, but everyone is also skeptical and curious as to how this is to be achieved??? Without answering that question nobody is going to answer yours.
Thank you for your reply. It is the most complete, intellegent and honest. i.e. You answered my question, gave me a reason for your answer and gave me you comments - opinion in an intelligent manner about the question itself and why you think other readers are reacting to the question at hand.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.