Where to take 14 year old daughter for X-mas?

OrlandoScott

Mar 17, 2003
Where should I take my 14 year old daughter for X-mas? I am thinking an all inclusive but have never been to one. I have traveled to Puerto Plata and Santiago. She has never been outside the USA. I want to expose her to other cultures and stimulate her interest in learning spanish.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What does she like to do? Is she happiest at the beach? Does she like to windsurf? Ride horses? Mountain bike? Hike? Golf? Tubing or river rafting? The DR offers so much. As long as you don't go to a hotel in a big complex, like Playa Dorada, she will have exposure to local culture and hear plenty of Spanish. But what sorts of things does she most enjoy doing? If you give us an idea of the activities she would most like to engage in during the family vacation, we can be of more help in suggesting a location.

All inclusives have their place, but she will get more exposure to the local culture if you go to a non-AI.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Yes it depends

Ken is right it depends on what she likes... 14 is a rough age... her interests are borderline child and the unpreventable teenager. I would suggest excursions like swimming with the dolphins, horseback riding, rafting and things like that... but then again if she has reached the stage where it is all about boys, shopping and make up (like me when I was 14) that might not work...

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
I would suggest Cabarete, it is filled with younger crowds and you are close to the beach.
I think she will have a lot of fun, as I had clients like year going there with 2 children 13 and 15 and they loved it.
If you need help with accommodation , do drop me a line at info@sunnyvillaholidays.com or have a look at our website and I would be glad to help.
Godd luck and happy travels.