Immigration Office in Santo Domingo

massimoollani

Jul 3, 2003
albums.photo.epson.com
Hi,

my name is Massimo and I need a piece of information. I'll be landing in Santo Domingo in a few weeks and I was wondering if anybody here knows what time the Immigration Service Offices are open until in the airport.
I'm planning to arrive around 9.30 pm.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Massimo

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Offices for What?

If you arrive, there are immigration/passport control officers in little booths when you exit the plane, go downstairs and before the exit into the baggage/customs area.

If that is what you need, you don't need any office.

Arriving planes = immigration agents. I arrived at 5 a.m. once , some 8 hours late on Air Transat and there was one guy asleep at the booth.

He was not impressed when I told him there were 350 more people behind me.

massimoollani

Jul 3, 2003
albums.photo.epson.com
So you had to wait..

Hi Rick!

thanks for your reply. My concern was that arriving at the airport around 9:30 PM I should have waited long (maybe the all night) before some immigration agents would be available in one of those booths...

What do you think? Have you ever arrived at the airport in Santo Domingo in the evening?

Thanks again,
Massimo

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I cannot confirm anything, I do not work for immigration and I don't know what time your flight arrives, or who is working etc etc. I'm sure immigration is not a 9-5 job :)

My answer is based on my experience and what other posters are saying.

Bottom line...

If they are not about, what can you do but wait? Be a good time to chat with all those other upset passangers. Make a few contacts. You never know, might even be some cute single female/males on your flight. Then your be thanking those 9-5 immigration agents.

Phew, yes it's late and I'm killing time until this server process has finished.

Stop worring about it, just get on the plane, arrive, clear customs and have a great vacation.

One last thing. If she's cute and lives here. Email me her # :)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: Immigration at the airport

massimoollani said:
Thanks Robert for your prompt reply.

So you confirm that at any time there should be someone available for passport controls, right?

Massimo

You can ask 1,000 other people Massimo or you can arrive and expect immigration to be there. Do you really think that AA or CO or even charters would operate such that their places arrive and then all the passengers stand around in a locked room until the next day.

AA has a flight that arrives at 7:30 p.m. daily and another that arrives at 9:40 after Labour Day and they are counting on immigration to be there.

I don't know where you live but just how late do you think 9:30 is?

Last edited:

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
There are lots of planes that arrive late and into the wee hours of the morning, you should be fine. Just try to fill all your landing cards and tourist card as fast as you can, and rush to the front of the line!

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Re: So you had to wait..

massimoollani said:
My concern was that arriving at the airport around 9:30 PM I should have waited long (maybe the all night) before some immigration agents would be available in one of those booths...

What do you think? Have you ever arrived at the airport in Santo Domingo in the evening?

No problem at all. I arrived at Las Americas at 9:30 pm during my trip to the DR in May. Only took about 5 minutes to get through. Money changers are available in the airport at that hour also, so it is very convenient.

My guess is that the airline schedules determine the work hours of those folks.

Have fun on your trip! :)

Swede