Printing of digital photos

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Somebody knows if i can have my digital pictures printed?
I live in Santo Domingo so driving to the north coast is not an option ;)

Thanks for your reply.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
That is no problem in Santo Domingo. Most any print shop should be able to handle it. If quality is not a issue then most 1hr photo shops can do it as well.
Actually anybody with a computer and a good printer can do it for you.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Tony C said:
. Most any print shop should be able to handle it. If quality is not a issue then most 1hr photo shops can do it as well.

I've had poor luck finding a location that processes digital photos in the DR; it isn't that easy here in the US. In fairness I haven't looked in SD. 1 hour shops give results equal to any other if they have the proper equipment; remember that the digital process is much different than film prints.

If you can locate a shop that has the Fuji digital processor or the Sony that was just recently released, you will be happy with the results. They will accept images directly from the camera's memory card (Sony Memory stick, Compact Flash, or SmartMedia), CD-ROM, or even a floppy disk. I prefer to burn my images onto a CD then get prints made from the CD.

I have about 1,500 prints from my digital camera; print sizes from wallet size to 8x10". Most places here in the US charge about .30 cents per normal sized print. Wal-Mart does 8x10's for $2.84 a pop! :)

Swede

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We bought the most amazing little Canon digitial photo printer in the US for about $250 including stacks of paper and ribbons and all kinds of stuff. The quality of the 4 x 6 prints is excellent for such a little machine. It just about fits in my hand -- its rather cute! This is the nicest toy I've had in a long time. You can print from the camera, or hook to your computer and print from there.

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Fotosistemas

Lope de Vega esq. Roberto Pastoriza, next to Taco Bell. I use them a lot and their service is pretty good.

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
AS Jojocho said you can go to Fotosistemas on la Lope de Vega esq. Roberto Pastoriza, next to Taco Bell. You can also go to the Photo shop in Acropolis, which also accepts Smartmedia cards, although I don`t know why, they don`t recognize my camera`s memory card.

P

phileco

6 pesos per digital foto

6 pesos per digital photo is the best deal I found until now per photo

at Santo Domingo , corner ( esquina ) de Ortega y Gasset and 27 de Februaro , on the left side , coming from olympic Park , at Foto Expresso

you just bring your CD or disk

Anyone knowing where I can buy a replacment for my Sony DSC 72 ( want to buy the same one , very good ) here ?