Eddy's Dr1 renuion was fun untill..... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
First of all I would like to thank Keith for organizing a very successful DR1 gathering which has enabled me to meet some of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of meeting ex: criss colon, dms, Dolores and her hubby, my DSS guru, Texas bill (my hero pilot) and the rest. It was a fun full evening and I have had nothing but pure pleasure of meeting everyone until I met trouble.
It seems there were a couple of people at the party who had an agenda against me. A dr1 poster who seemed to have brought a friend along with plans in mind to ruin my evening and spoil the fun for everyone. She did succeed in ruining my evening but, fortunately, it seems non other than myself were affected (thanks god). To my understanding a DR1 poster had been taking bets on some sort of a planned competition between myself and her hired hit-woman to cause a confrontation among ourselves (all without my knowledge). It may have been all started without bad intentions in mind, truly for humor and laughter (sort of like a practical joke) but it sure turned out ugly.
Upon arrival, I was instantly confronted by a Bronx type dom-york woman. Who seemed to have known me well (apparently took offense to some of my posts regarding older women with dark color). She was very rude to me from the very beginning and took every opportunity to insult me in front of my friends and strangers. I am sure her friend and others along were having a wonderful time as the insults were upgraded to include ?F? word and other types of vulgar name calling. I tried to stay away from that woman but it seemed she had made up her mind to seek me out at ever opportunity and to have it her way. I was fully aware of the consequences and danger of spoiling the party if I had lost my temper so I tried to be nice to her and played along it as if it was a joke. Knowing, that she was a friend of a person whom I consider a nice person and a friend, I let it slide until the end.
In, towards the end of the evening, that women had worked me up good and I was beginning to lose patience with her, She seemed visibly drunk and threatening. She started to threaten me and called me a few names which included the ?F? word and etc. He friend tried to calm her down but the woman was even aggressive to her friend as well. At this time, I had lost my patience with her so I decided to bring myself down to her level and let her have a taste of her own medicine. I also told her off and let her know what I really thought of her. Regretfully, I also lost my temper and called her a few names and made some comments which I shouldn?t have mentioned.
If they were trying to ruin my evening, then I congratulate them in succeeding 100%. I was upset the whole evening until the next day. I felt I was made a ridicule of while a few people had fun at my expense. If this is what DR1 meetings are turning into, then I may never come to another one again.
Maybe the host should make it clear that if anyone who is not a DR1 poster (a guest of a poster) then they should learn to behave first and not try to spoil the evening for the people who actually drive long distances and take off time from work to make it on time to meet everyone they have been waiting to meet for such a long time. Missing_Dr had actually bought a ticket to come from mexico for the dates to include the 18th meeting. I took Saturday off to stay in pop for the weekend so I would be able to enjoy my evenings on Friday in the party. Its not fair for people who make all the effort to come join the gathering and then get insulted by some stranger who doesn?t even post or gives out any info to the public.

I am deeply sorry for the scene and apologize to Keith and eddy for this incident. I insist that it was not my intentions to confront that woman in any way or form to disrupt the lovely evening.
Have a nice day.
AZB :(

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Glad I didn't get to see this

I sort of felt there was something going on when the flowers came over, but I thought she was hitting on DaveS....Is that the one?
Mrs HB also caught on that something was up...Mentioned it the next day...
Who was she, anyway?

Don't go and get Muslim radical on us, now AZB. Go with the flow and if this problem shows up again, let more of us know about it, okey? We can fix it or defuse it, before it gets out of hand.

Don't let the small stuff spoil your fun or your evening. And it was great to watch you eat!! And very good to see Missing again. Been a long time. He is supposed to call me today or tomorrow..

HB

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
AZB, judging from most of your posts, it seems as if you are the life of the party; so sorry this woman ruined it for you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Many of us were unaware that this was happening. It shouldn't have. I don't think it is appropriate for any poster to even engage in a mock confrontation at one of our reunions since, as you unfortunately found out, what someone starts in the name of "fun" more often than not ends up being ugly for others.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, the flowers were the first sign of a bad oman, because there was not a single flower in the bouguet. I knew where it came from so I tried to ignore it. Then the woman came over and started trouble with me from the first moment. In fact when I had walked in to the party, that woman came up to me and told me to stay put, I will come to you. It was clear that she didn't like me from the first look. She was acting smart and responding is a smart-ass like fashion. She even pushed me once and tried to act aggressive in a very threathening manner a few times. I was hoping it was a practical joke and was waiting for the moment when everyone would come to let me in the joke and laugh it off. Too bad it didn't turn out this way.
Now I am told that the crazy woman tried to throw a shoe at me?
I hope some people would not take DR1 so seriously as to point where someone might actually want to inflect bodly harm on one another. Do we have to bring armed body guards at the next DR1 meeting or take out a life insurance before arriving?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AZB

I heard something about what happened from another person who was at the party except he told me that you handled yourself with patience and class and that she was low level trash and made a complete ass out of herself. Dont worry about it man, there are assholes everywhere.
Larry

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
sorry this happened

my questions us why did her friend(who is a memberof DR1) allow this to happen?

this is total BS man. I love DR1, but some people just take things too seriously.

you should have told Keith (the host) what was going on.

there will be other reunions, let's hope this done not happen again.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let's not drag this out on the board. It happened, AZB handled it well and she showed everyone exactly what she's about.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.