DR Money Supply Up 60.85 %

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
The Dominican Central Bank has increased the money supply 60.85% in six months, including the month of June, when supposedly the government was getting its finances under control. Now, I read that Mejia is saying he is willing to spend all that is needed for the PanAm games. As he put it, he has the pen all he needs to do is sign the checks... Crazy stuff. Mark my words, soon the peso will be 100-1.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Must be nice to have a blank check book supplied by the tax payers.

I have yet to find one that supports the Pan American Games.

Nothing like being in touch with the people that pay the bills and perks...

Apr 26, 2002
The IMF will fix all of these problems, and cover any and all future spending, with absolutely no cost to regular Dominicans. It's all Baninter's fault anyway. President Mejia has created a Dominican economy that is more sane, as we no longer have to deal with the policies of the past administration that led to reckless levels of economic growth.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
LOL!

Porfio_Rubirosa, I didn't realize that you, too (just like Listin Diario), were taken over by the central bank as one of BanInter's assets!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
P_R You owe me a new keyboard!!!!!!!
Reading your post caused me to have apoplexy & spill my coffee all over my keyboard. I was just about to write a strongly worded response when I realised the amount of sarcasm you had put into this post!!!! GOD you had me worried there for a while - I thought you had lost your marbles!!!
No more heart attacks for me today PLEEEEAASE!! - Grahame.

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Looks like a prediction I made in dr1 two months ago has come true: the government is going after Fernandez with corruption charges in order to soil his reputation. I don't think this will have political legs. All Fernandez has to ask is: Ae you better off today than you were four years ago?

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
DR Money Supply Up 60.85%

It seems that dear ole Hippo is starting to sing his Swan Song. I think hr realizes he can't win a re-election, so he's going to go out with a bang!
It's typical of a frustrated juvenile(mentally) to create as much of a "name" for himself as possible before bowing to the final curtain. I believe Hippo is doing exactly that!
What better way to be remembered than by creating such a stir in the political and economic mileu that your name is always on people's lips.
Texas Bill

sjoekik

Feb 7, 2002
Idea

Why don?t we get some old publicity from the previous campaign and post it (at night ) in as many places as we can.

Hipolito esperanza de la gente

I wonder what the reaction would be?

Apr 26, 2002
sjoekik said:
Idea

Why don?t we get some old publicity from the previous campaign and post it (at night ) in as many places as we can.

Hipolito esperanza de la gente

I wonder what the reaction would be?

Excellent idea - but I want to focus on 2000's famous "paquetazo" of benefits for the poor. We were supposed to get school breakfast, propane assistance, casave, yucca, platano, rice, subsidized transportation, etc. Where the hell is it?!?!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Porfi

If you werent so serious I would have thought this was a joke or a provocation to get some reactions for your personal entertainment.

But seriously speaking, this man has to be in a government payroll. Otherwise, he is totally brainless and deserves no more credit.

TW

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
The IMF is scared of the PRD

Another prediction of mine come true: as reported in Hoy, "The IMF is scared of the PRD", basically the point I made: That Mejia won't cut his election-year spending, so the IMF won't sign!