Advice needed

btharner

Jul 25, 2003
I just want to see how my fellow Americans plan to follow the Games, given the lack of TV coverage and an inadequate official website that I just do not trust to deliver the necessary information i.e. complete results (not just the medallists), medal counts, etc.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Are you talking about DR TV or abroad? Regarding DR TV, as we speculated earlier, there will be ample coverage. The government has invested heavily in the Games and most likely will use its RTVD government TV & radio station and the government-intervened RNN (Channel 27) and Telecentro (Channel 13) to cover the Games. Of course, this means they have to pay CBC for the rights to use the footage.

Regarding TV abroad, it will depend on which networks have bought footage coverage rights and will be airing the Games. I suppose this would be similar to the coverage the US and other countries have given the Games over the years.

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
I agree with you about website, is about everything BUT the games. I heard that the CBC was cutting back its coverage of the games. I have not noticed much interest in the games here in Washington, DC.

sabita

Jul 28, 2003
broadcast of games

All I have been able to find about possible viewing in the States
is on CBC from 2330-0000. If anyone has better info please post it!

Jim_Canada

May 27, 2003
Looks to be the same in Canada, other than the weekends. A CBC employee confirmed cut backs to what they had planned to televise, but a camera man said they are filming all day. They must plan on selling the rights to a lot of stations like TSN and Sports Net.