bowling alley closed to san pedro Please!!

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
I would like to know, where there is a nice Bowling alley where I can drink, listen to music and chill with friends :cool: . It will be cool if it is closed to San Pedro or in la capital will be fine. Thanks.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thanks ...

... for posting that one! I have lived here for three years. Loved to bowl, but can't find any bowling alleys around.

Anybody know of one? Maybe in Santiago, too? There don't seem to be any listed in the phone books at all but it's hard for me to believe that no one out of 10 million people here likes bowling. Is there a different word for it in Dominican Spanish? I learned "Boliche" but since no one here knows what that is maybes that's my fault!

Tom (aka XR)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
there is only one that I know of

Sebelen Bowling Center on Abraham Lincoln in Santo Domingo. Huge building on the corner.

Always wanted to put one up in Santiago but can't cost it out....

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Don't know if it's still open but there was one in Juan Dolio!!

Past metro hotel near the San Pedro end of the beach road.
Coming from San Pedro turn left at the Metro exit on the Juan Dolio "Boulevard" hwy. then follow the road round the bend and about 2 km. down.
In a pinch call Mara at Hotel Flor di Loto to ask if the bowling alley is still open!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: there is only one that I know of

Hillbilly said:
Sebelen Bowling Center on Abraham Lincoln in Santo Domingo. Huge building on the corner.

HB
Yup, that one's just a few blocks north of Lincoln con Av. 27 de Feb. Been by it a million times, often thought of visiting it, but never been in there in all my years living in or visiting SD! I have Dominican friends who like to bowl there and they swear that bowling's very popular in the DR....
Regards,
Keith, a bowling fanatic when he was a youngster ;)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
There is a bowling alley in Punta Cana near the airport. Regards, PJT

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Bowling Center

Hillbilly said:

HB

It's actually located on the corner of Lincoln/Roberto Pastoriza.
Right inside the entrance (where Nautica/Guess stores are on the first floor), take the escalator to the 2nd floor.

It's a quite a modern facility.

The Pan American bowling games are going to be held there. Free admissions as well ! I just don't know how many spectators they can manage to cram in there.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: Bowling Center

Formosano2000 said:
It's actually located on the corner of Lincoln/Roberto Pastoriza.
Right inside the entrance (where Nautica/Guess stores are on the first floor), take the escalator to the 2nd floor.

It's a quite a modern facility.

The Pan American bowling games are going to be held there. Free admissions as well ! I just don't know how many spectators they can manage to cram in there.
Hey William, maybe next time I'm in town we should bowl a few games. Waitaminute! I just got a brainstorm! How about a DR1 party at the bowling alley?:cool:
Best Regards,
Keith