holiday on friday?

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
there's a rumour going around the office here that friday will be declared a holiday.

all part of the panam games "celebrations" i suppose.

does anyone know if there is any truth in it?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
YES!,it is TRUE!!!!

I have granted all "workers" in the Dominican Republic,a "Day Off" on Friday August 1st.(Since no one "Works" here,the point is mute!):confused: CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"FREE "PRESIDENTE" on the "Malecon" tonight!!!!!!!!!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: YES!,it is TRUE!!!!

Criss Colon said:
"FREE "PRESIDENTE" on the "Malecon" tonight!!!!!!!!!

CCCCccccCCcCCcccc? What happened? His Baldness stopped by and turned over his open check book and pen to you?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Dia festivo!! maybe not

According to la Secretaria de Trabajo, it is not official and they might not declare a Dia Libre but rather a Dia de Regocijo Nacional. Which means its not a free day but rather a happy day in wich all workers are supposed to go to work Happy!:tired:
I'll call again tomorrow and update.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
the big wigs at our office tell us (by e-mail) that we have to work on friday........unless told otherwise.

sounds to me like nobody is sure yet.

when is hm going to make a decision...if any?
i really need another holiday.

roca

Jun 23, 2003
My 2 cents

I think hippo is waiting till the last minute to let us know there will be no work after 12 tomorrow. The reason? My guess is he doesn't want a rush of capitalenos leaving for a long weekend thinking they will go to see the games. Jsut my thought.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
the mule says NO

Sorry, gang.. the MULO said NO Holiday friday.. so get your ass to work early.... I'm just pissed because I'm in NY and not with you guys and gals in DR... anyway, my next trip to Dr is in September for my Birthday.. care to celebrate with me? .. We'll pain DR RED.. or GREEN (presidente for everyone on me)... where? more info later..

zeus (primus inter pares)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Wonderful! Anybody know where I can get a copy of that Decree on line? I need to send it to all my clients to let them know why I can't be around tomorrow afternoon to help them with their problems: I have been ordered by El Presidente to leave and have fun!

I am sure now they will undertsand!

:cheeky: