Visa or Residence

J

jon

Hi,

I need some help in figuring out if I should get a Visa a Residency or just keep renewing my tourist card.... I am living in Sto. Dom. and I plan on staying here at least for the next 5 years..

I am not sure what the benifets would be?

Also for the residency they want a letter of conduct. Can this be obtained from the US Embassy?

Thanks Jon

N

Norman

Check the archives. This has been discussed many times. My advice? If you opt for residency use a good lawyer.

C

Claudia

My husband is getting his residence right now and I almost feel that it's not worth it. They make your life impossible (if you try to do it yourself). If you get a lawyer, like DR1 suggested, get a REAL GOOD one. Now, they will charge you a lot of $$$. On the other hand, I know many people who have been living here for a long time and they don't have residence or working permit. It seems to me that nobody checks on that, although I may be wrong.

A

anthony Vogelaar

A residency cost between US$1200 - $1500 depending on the circumstances and takes one year. The first year is a temporary one and then a permanent is issued. I highly recommend the following lawyer. This lawyer is excellent and has done hundreds of them. This is what he specializes in, unlike many lawyers who hire HIM to do it for their clients and then charge more on top. The price quoted is for the work to get both the temporary and then the permanent. Therefore the lawyer works for you for one year. Lic. Nearco Campagna - 809-683-0078 in Santo Domingo