Wanted, a room to rent NW of SD, Aug 5-10

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
Excited :bunny: i get to come to DR!
Ok, now, how about a place to stay...
Near the horse site, 18 km from SD on Hwy Duarte, or maybe farther out, where packers and mountain climbers usually leave from???

I am looking for a Budget room. Aug 5, maybe 5-10. I'm a good renter, and not picky. I can do without everything, air-conditioning and share a bathroom etc. etc. etc... I have enough Spanish to pay my rent, and I have somewhere else to leave my stuff durring the day. I can sleep in a hamock. I am quiet but don't need quiet. I like dominos and I smile a lot.

I'm enough of a hippy to want to leave my money in DR. Not spend it at a hotel chain. I'm well brought up, and educated enough for potite company.
The question is, can I get close? I have good references :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Thanks, k

Last edited:

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
I'm curious, although it's none of my business, of course.

Why would anyone spend several hundred dollars, along with the hassle of flying, to go somewhere only to slum it for 5 or 10 days?

It seems to make about as much sense as a bag lady (homeless) driving a Mercedes.

To each her own, of course, just curious.

BTW, cheap, but liveable, hotels are among the biggest bargains in the DR (away from the tourist areas, of course).

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
Need a room don't need a palace

Exactly! cheap but livable.
I need to come to help an athlete. Meanwhile, no regrets for things i might have done. I want to see DR, this beautiful place, not the inside of another hotel. For me it is an opportunity to volunteer to help anyone who wants a massage [my card reads "effectice muscle therapy that feels great" and i try to live up to that several times a day]

Anyway, spent everything getting her this far, so now i am on plastic for the first time in years. True luxury is the freedom being debt free gives you. BTW when i had a fancy job in a hospital i never seemed to have enough money to go anywhere. Now, I make less money but go more places. just cheaper hotels, and bargan airfare, and an old reliable Toyota.

Got any advice on a room, or broom closet, etc.?
Thanks, K

andy a said:
I'm curious, although it's none of my business, of course.

Why would anyone spend several hundred dollars, along with the hassle of flying, to go somewhere only to slum it for 5 or 10 days?

It seems to make about as much sense as a bag lady (homeless) driving a Mercedes.

To each her own, of course, just curious.

BTW, cheap, but liveable, hotels are among the biggest bargains in the DR (away from the tourist areas, of course).

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
I don't know just where you're headed, but small hotels away from the tourist areas can typically be found for $15 or less. Of course, they might be harder to find during the games, I don't know.

You should "get your money's worth" out of the trip, though. If the total cost of getting to and fro is $500 (conservative), for example, and you're spending only $25 a day, you need to stay 20 days at least.

Have fun.

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
advice needed, so how do you find small hotels?

Ok, I admit it. I have a liscence frame holder that says "I'm not wierd...I'm gifted" But i would rather see DR for 5 days than never have gone anywhere. I am so happy my smile muscles hurt already.

My current plan is get a taxi to go there, and start asking... Not much of a plan but. -- ? --

I have been told, where i need to go, is a bad area, and that there are no hotels there. My new map seems to say there is a small town, near by on a side road called "Los Alcorrizos" farther away are Los Conucos and Haltillo...

Any sugestions?

UPDATE: I found aroom in Rio Hondo. Thanks everyone! -k

Last edited: